GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:45:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BETA 3 Released! (Follow Up)  (Read 64078 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
BETA 3 Released! (Follow Up)
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:26:49 am »

Howdy folks,

Well what a day! With over 3000+ page views, thousands of downloads, and hundreds of players in-game, the team is very humbled and excited that the launch of BETA 3.0 has been received as such a roaring success. The developers have been in-game a lot as you may have noticed, answering questions and quite frankly just enjoying the game with all of you. Constant praise, thanks, impressions, and suggestions are given and we are very appreciative!

Download now and join in on the fun!

Client:
Official Mirror: Moddb
Official Mirror: FileFront
Official Mirror: Internode

For more mirrors, and for our server and linux files, head over to our Official Wiki

" class="bbc_imgDocumentation" class="bbc_img
Check out our official wiki which has been packed full of many helpful pages by our coder guru, killermonkey. Full info on client setup, server setup. As well as help for server configs, and their relevant cvars and conditions. Head straight for "Articles related to beta 3" Check it out Plus the mirrors which are always updating can be reached from the wiki front page as well!

" class="bbc_imgServer Education" class="bbc_img
The wiki is a good place to get info and will only become better as the week goes by, however we would like to give the server community some basic advice to keep your patron, our fan base, happy.

One example, It's probably not going to be smart to have LTK mode with 32 players in Deathmatch. So if that is what you planned or have in place right now, think about adding the cvar value ge_teamplay 1 to your config file! This way, now the gameplay is Team Deathmatch and you only have 16 possible enemies to hit you in one shot.

Second example, instead of having long maps that go for 30+ mins during round based gameplay, try utilizing mp_timelimit 15 with the additional value ge_roundtime 300. This will give you 3 rounds of 5 mins per map of 15 minutes in length. If you want a longer feeling round, you can always make your ge_roundtime MORE seconds than your mp_timelimit value so that only ONE round is played per map or match.

Here is an example list of the varying conditions and server limits you can have that will give us all hours of balanced fun :
  • 16 max | Deathmatch | all maps excluding ge_complex_classic
  • 8 max | Deathmatch | random weaponset
  • 4 max | [anything] | _Classic maps only
  • 32 max | TDM | excluding MOST classic maps
  • 20 max | DM | large maps only

Simple things like this can help make your servers more appealing. And remember there are endless combinations you can play around with for game-modes and weapon sets. Get on the wiki for specifics and then get in and tailor your servers for the benefit of a growing fan base!
We are pleased to announce the GE:S team have 2 official servers currently, provided generously for free by impulsegaming.net that has some of this guideline in place, Check them out! and there will be 2 more official GE:S server coming online within 24 hours.

208.43.68.34:27015 [Deathmatch 20man]
74.86.56.36:27015 [TDM 24 man]
We appreciate all the providers of GoldenEye: Source servers and we should all try support them and help them, as they help us play this great mod!

" class="bbc_imgVideo Contest!" class="bbc_img
Alrighty its time to whip out your videography skills community, and prepare your sony vegas' and final cut pro's for a workout.

This contest is to make the most entertaining beta 3 community video. You can do anything your imagination draws to and we cant wait to see them run wild, but we'd like to see elements such as fly through angles and basically not just First Person View in your footage. Show off our mod in as many ways as you can.

So have fun, make some demo's and record up some sequences in any style you excel in. Machinima, trailer style, or epic gameplay pieces. The better you are at all these the more appealing and entertaining your showcase will be! The best will be judged by the team but the best few submitted will be displayed on our youtube channel, http://youtube.com/goldeneyesource

Good luck, and one thing to note : You MUST use goldenEye: Source music, sourced from the BETA3 OST, as we cannot host up or accept as a finalist any videos with copyright music we don't have permissions to. You can however make your own music to use in the video.

The winner of this will likely be invited to the developer group as official videographer. Tell your talented friends, they could be a GE:S Dev too!

" class="bbc_imgIssues" class="bbc_img
It must be noted to server providers that Linux binaries are acting up. We realize it is unfortunate for Linux server hosts at this time, but we are working hard to get a fix patch for this. You can still host a mod on a Linux setup but do it at your own discretion, because your players may have issues with using chat and basic use commands. VOIP will work.

Again, thanks for this day we have longed for so long, we will begin working hard for you asap to patch the very few issues/bugs that have been reported on windows servers,  into a small download available in just a few days! Now you can stop reading, start downloading and getting in GE:S servers.

Thanks community

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:09:03 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.

MtM0201

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MtM0201 has no influence.
    • my music
Re: BETA 3 Released! (Follow Up)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 03:03:25 am »

really nice job, was fun playing with you guys again. :P I think I surprised Sharpsh00tah

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 03:23:49 am »

GG for 4K visitors. ^.^
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 03:46:58 am »

When Valve is concerned windows servers are best, many times I have seen updates to source engine break linux servers, for weeks HL2DM had no text chat on all linux servers, I also think certain things are timed differently such as grenades (hl2dm).

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 04:35:19 am »

We are having the same bug with our linux servers that hl2dm had, no chat.

_Barron

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 05:30:48 am »

Hi,
First up F***ing great work on the mod guys. Just one major problem though...

In the client zip download it seems that the file zil131_open.vvd is corrupt and now for me to play the game I must redownload the entire 500+ mb installer, therefore using over 1gb of my download limit.
I was just wondering if someone could please upload this file to filefront or something of that nature for me, I would be very VERY grateful :)

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 05:32:22 am »

Great job Developers! Can't wait for the follow up :P

Mdkcheatz

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:26:27 am »

Hello there, congrats on the good work, the pics look amazing. Only problem is, I can seem to get it to work? How am I meant to set it up? The .exe file is missing completely...

Mdkcheatz

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 07:01:57 am »

Never mind folks, I'm a dumb#@! who didn't do his research. Please disregard the previous post. Setting up "steam" now. :P

JamieSI

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 01:36:23 pm »

The release is now mirrored on Strategy Informer here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/halflife2/mod/29490.html

Would it be possible to get this link added to your mirror list? Thanks guys :)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 02:00:30 pm »

Great work! It's amazing to see such a lot of players enjoying the mod.

Would it be possible to get this link added to your mirror list?
Of course! Feel free to add it yourself here: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta_3_Mirrors

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 02:01:01 pm »

Hell yeah!
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 02:13:36 pm »

More mirrors up, more servers up... this is going to be grand, my friends. Mark my words.

If anyone needs a cast for an ownage video, contact me. ::) :P

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up