GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 02:36:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 154048 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »

lol. Deltatux we released in Orange Box for Beta 3.0 back in January

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2009, 09:34:49 pm »

there is one key-question to rule them all: will general ourumov get his hat ?  ;)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #377 on: November 23, 2009, 03:51:48 am »

Can you guys release the Beta 4 OST in FLAC? I know most people don't care, but it would indeed be sweet. Probably rather huge as well. Put it on megaupload or something if you need to.

Where's Basstronix, anyway?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:54:22 am by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #378 on: November 23, 2009, 04:14:27 am »

there is one key-question to rule them all: will general ourumov get his hat ?  ;)
I sure hope so!

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2009, 11:08:12 am »

Okay, I will be the first to admit-I did NOT read 26 pages of ideas/replies...so if the subject(s) has been broached-all apologies.
I would like to know if for stats (and I obviously don't know how any of this stuff [coding, ad nauseum, whatever] works, but I do have a proper command of the English language and will respond delightfully if berated as I have seen done on here) there can be points for "assists?" (e.g. TF2-everyone's favorite game here, I'm sure) I find myself wearing armor camping drones down and someone else getting the kill because I have been dispatched. I realize this is not the Nintendo 64 version-I was there. I liked blowing the fucking armor up, but that's a change I can stand to live with. I want partial credit like in the slow learner classes. Possible? Feasible? Anyone care? 

The subject hasn't been breached yet, in 26 pages. Apparently not many people care about that... By the way, TF2 is not my favourite game. Not even close.

There is an achievement for assisting in a kill (Two Klobbs Don't Make it Right; scroll a bit down and you'll find it) and it somehow relates to what you've just posted. There's no way we can decide if it is fair or not to mow down armour campers, be killed by one and then another player taking the credit by dispatching our killer; that's the way the game is. You ran out of health in the wrong time. It happens. Having an achievement for that would work, though. I think it can be coded since we already have the Klobb one. Suggest one in the Beta 4 Achievements thread.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2009, 12:35:24 pm »

Bender and I discussed this earlier. So I think this is what he is going for:

Is there a way to have some code so STATS can read that there were TWO players damaging a player. So the main killer gets the most points, but the assist might get you know like 1-2 assist points. 
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #381 on: November 28, 2009, 07:43:53 pm »

Assist calculation is a trivial matter you just have to keep a vector or some other storage class that is upated on a timer. If you hurt someone, you get pushed onto their damage vector at time X. You get punted off the vector at time X + delta, where delta is like 0.5 seconds. If the player dies within time delta you get props for the assist.

I can do the calculation and emit a message, but you won't ever see it affecting the score board, awards, or death notices. Simply put, this game is about raw kills and not about good job, but not good enough!

Can you imagine getting golden gun kills and it keeps saying "Player Jimbo Assisted with the Klobb" seriously??

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #382 on: November 28, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »

Assist calculation isn't coded yet. It will have to be in order to do the klobb achievement, although I could just cheat and only do it for that achievement. Where's the fun in that?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #383 on: November 29, 2009, 08:48:39 pm »

There's a way to determine the demage you've caused to another player, right?
If the Stats would use this value to determine if you killed an allready wounded player
or someone who had full health + armor, it could give less points for cheap kills.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #384 on: November 29, 2009, 11:13:28 pm »

Personally I don't want to see assists in GE:S It's really not necessary... it makes it less competitive, even if there's no score advantage for the assister. Visually it's just going to add more clutter to the kill display, if one person with a long name assists another person with a long name in killing another person with a long name... It just seems pretty meaningless.

Anyway, making 'cheap' kills can be a tactical decision that requires fast-thinking.. if you encounter two people fighting eachother (example: you have a DD44 and you come across two people fighting, one with DD44, the other with a Shotgun) you can choose to go for an easier kill by attacking the guy with the DD44, but you may fall victim to the shotgun after.. or you can assist the guy with the DD44 in killing the guy with the shotgun and then try to kill the other guy next. They could both just as easily turn on you in the chaos.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #385 on: November 30, 2009, 01:18:12 am »

Mangley, what mostly is being discussed isn't really ingame assists. Just the addiction of code so STATS can read assists so you will get STAT points, not ingame points. You wouldn't even notice the assists showing up, just would reflect in your stats. Could even make a part of stats that show # of assists.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #386 on: November 30, 2009, 01:49:46 am »

Fair enough then, I guess I wasn't thinking along those lines.

I've no problem with that.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #387 on: December 02, 2009, 11:03:24 pm »

Can you guys release the Beta 4 OST in FLAC? I know most people don't care, but it would indeed be sweet. Probably rather huge as well. Put it on megaupload or something if you need to.
It'd be around a 700 mb file. Many of the older tracks would hardly benefit from FLAC, but we could maybe do some of the newer ones. I already have After Hour Martini, Life of a Spy, and Rocking the Cradle rendered as FLAC. I'll try to get several others done also.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #388 on: December 02, 2009, 11:16:40 pm »

Oh! Very cool! I'll be looking forward to that.

WNx Buccfam

« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2009, 12:09:45 am »

ok i know im new to these forums so take these suggestions as you will but here are my thoughts:

1) I believe the shotguns (esp the auto-shotgun) is way overpowered and needs nerfed
2) I think headshots need to be more deadly (especially pistol headshots) for example currently you can shoot someone in the head 8 - 10 times with a PP7 and they will survive only ot one hit kill you with a shotgun
3)More characters (Natallia would be a good one ot start)

this is all i can think of for now and iwll add more input as i think of more.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up