GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 20, 2024, 08:02:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 154391 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2009, 09:12:01 am »

The server menu is part of valves code so to change it we would have to recode the whole thing. :(

I always ask for impossible things... I should know that when it comes to menus, Valve always screws it up. Simple interface, but hard to modify.

Yareking

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2009, 01:57:12 pm »

I remember ge:64 and if you shoot the ammo box the would move. i guess in ge:s id love it

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2009, 05:37:22 pm »

I remember ge:64 and if you shoot the ammo box the would move. i guess in ge:s id love it

The crates move; they don't move much when shot, which is correct form a physical point of view (the original game didn't have a physics engine that tried to mimic reality) but when they are caught in an explosion, they fly away.

EDIT: I want Xenia as a playable character. Leave the wacky scientists behind, we want a REAL woman to play with.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:10:52 pm by PPK »

logan5

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • logan5 has no influence.
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2009, 11:38:20 am »

I would pay regular PC game price for GES with bots.  Even just deathmatch with bots would be fantastic in my opinion.

Hans_Sherman

• Agent
  • Hans_Sherman has no influence.
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2009, 05:03:58 pm »

Ragequit mode.  ;D ;D ;D

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2009, 05:59:41 pm »

What i would like is secret PCs to play as like doing a number of kills to unlock older bonds or Austin powers *Hint Hint*  or Dr. Evil *Even more hint hint* and unlockable levels to play on in multiplayer

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2009, 10:14:18 pm »

i want the jump+duck back :( and bots i know ive said it a thousand times.

logan5

• 00 Newbie
  • logan5 has no influence.
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2009, 12:08:48 am »

Bunker Map and Caverns Map would be great! 

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2009, 06:50:45 pm »

What are your priorities for Beta 4? You certainly are going to focus on something, like maps or characters, or are you going to go Swiss Army Knife-like (i.e. try to focus on everything)?

irfman

• Secret Agent
  • irfman is looked down upon.
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2009, 06:59:23 pm »

ge_dam[front zone]  ;D just kidding lol. I would just like the walking to be bit quicker, bit more fast-paced. The power of the guns need to be overhauled, some of the weapons like the p90 I think is way over-powered, if the power of the p90 was the same as the one in CSS that I think that should be fine.

When the Dev asked fans last time for BETA 3, I suggested a Game mode called Capture Goldeneye, its basically a CTF mode, where Goldeneye is the flag or the objective. If you watched the movie, there is a scene were Trevelyan and Boris are at the Control center and put the keys into the computer to launch Goldeneye. The idea for the game mode is 2 teams start off in thier base, so for example in Facility, 1 team can start off in the Bathroom area and the other team can start off in one of the rooms leading to facility_backzone. Im sure this mode can work, theyve done it brilliantly in TF2 and it will work here aswell.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2009, 07:07:33 pm »

The weapons are powered according to the original game; VC took care of that and he made a perfect job in my opinion. The RCP90 is supposed to be overpowered. The pace of the game is also according to the original as well. The original was only fast paced if you played LTK on a small map, with four players while walking sideways.

That game mode seems like a nice idea.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2009, 07:46:46 pm »

RC-P90 is a power weapon.  It's supposed to play too rough.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2009, 04:59:28 am »

I'd actually like to see duck-jump back too. Or maybe the ability to jump a short vertical distance while ducked.

Lots of small areas are impossible to get to/have to be accessed by longer routes.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2009, 02:59:24 pm »

The correct path, which will be taken, is recalculation of player agility metrics, then modification of map scale standards to fit.  This will be effected in Beta 4, as part of Operation We're Going To Get Grenade Launcher Done Right, Dammit.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2009, 04:56:12 pm »

well, what i would like to see in beta 4 is:

1. all the weapons

2. have cougars and silver pp7 penetrate doors (the rcp90 was able to do this too)

3. HIT DETECTION NEEDS A UPGRADE. The original goldeneye 64 had a sub par hit detection. trust me. i play the 64 version everyday in multiplayer with my boy. i can shoot a autoshotgun at him back to back and only one hit would register. But in GES, sometimes even the 1st bullet wont register. i be shooting guys and i know for sure my bullets be hitting them but the game doesnt detect the hits.

4. of course, more maps. I have a gameshark for my 64 and have played every single player map on multiplayer. The dam and depot are great in multiplayer.

5. In the original GE you could shoot up the body armor so whoever ran over would not be able to get it until it respawned again. that added much strategy to the game. I would like to see that in GES beta 4.

you devs have done a GREAT JOB on this game. i know you cant get it exactly like the original because of the fact you dont use the same engine but you have done a great job with what you have. keep it up.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:59:57 pm by double0killa »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up