GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 20, 2024, 10:11:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 154539 times)

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2009, 01:49:58 am »

lol and the wall behind them like their duck dodging and weaving

lol.

But seriously, it would be nice to correct that. X)
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

The GE007 Grandmaster

• Agent
  • The GE007 Grandmaster has no influence.
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2009, 05:44:24 am »

What's up with all these people complaining about spawn killing? :) When I used to play GE007, I could kill the entire opposition using only slappers if I wanted to. You guys posted some good examples of details that need fixing near the end of this thread. Keep it up!
Code Name: Grandmaster
Weapon of Choice: rc-P90

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:49 pm »

Ohhh folks, some great idea: How about nice bond girl pin-up posters on the walls of some levels ?  I think it would me much fun :D

finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

The GE007 Grandmaster

• Agent
  • The GE007 Grandmaster has no influence.
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2009, 11:44:22 pm »

haha... not a bad idea  ;D
Code Name: Grandmaster
Weapon of Choice: rc-P90

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2009, 02:48:37 am »

I think putting up posters in maps would kill the feeling of the old GE64.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2009, 04:34:09 am »

if you leave the classic maps "classic" i dont think it would hurt anything by adding something for the refurbished maps

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:09 am »

I think I'd leave the Bond girls for the sprays. You could put other pin-ups in the maps, but not the Bond Girls, unless you put Xenia in the Facility or other Janus controlled building.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2009, 10:02:49 pm »

I agree, fixing the slapper so it actually hits when the person is in front of you (not where the crosshair would be) and also making it so it doesn't put bullet holes in the walls anymore would be nice.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2009, 04:48:22 am »

You could put other pin-ups in the maps, but not the Bond Girls, unless you put Xenia in the Facility or other Janus controlled building.

Semi-on that note, I just noticed Loafie's postcard in Janus Control yesterday.  :)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2009, 10:41:32 am »

Semi-on that note, I just noticed Loafie's postcard in Janus Control yesterday.  :)

Just now?  ;)It's been there since Beta 1.1, at least. I can see you were quite frantic in Control hehe

Mr.Bond

• 00 Newbie
  • Mr.Bond has no influence.
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2009, 10:56:51 pm »

I think Ourumov needs to have some of his limbs made more, proportional. Bond's face could use a redo too, compared to the likeness and accuracy of the other models.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2009, 09:51:44 pm »

The characters face's (including Bond's) cannot be replicated to the last millimeter because of copyright issues. The devs do not want to get in legal troubles. Either way, I think that they did a pretty good job with Bond's face and also with the other one's. Perhaps they could had facial features presented in the novels that aren't present in the movie.

I also read somewhere that they are going to model the dev's faces for some extra characters and they might, if such need or disposition arises (I bet my two cents on the latter), model some of the members of this forum faces'.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2009, 09:58:32 pm »

I also read somewhere that they are going to model the dev's faces for some extra characters and they might, if such need or disposition arises (I bet my two cents on the latter), model some of the members of this forum faces'.

I recall that discussion from the talk radio thing on the night of the Beta 3 Release, and from what I heard there it's a pretty low priority at the moment (Unless a Dev wants to come along and say otherwise).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2009, 10:05:10 pm »

I recall that discussion from the talk radio thing on the night of the Beta 3 Release, and from what I heard there it's a pretty low priority at the moment (Unless a Dev wants to come along and say otherwise).

That's why I put the word "might" on bold and then proceeded to say that it could be made if the disposition would arise. It would be a funny thing that I think many peple would agree with. Of course it couldn't be made for Beta 4, only for a final release or as an extra after that.

As for Beta 4, I ask for a better setup when making a sever, with drop-down menus for the game modes, weapon sets, etc. so that you don't have to loom for the names on the script files and such. You get to know them after a while, but it would be more user-friendly that way. Don't know if it hard to code though.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2009, 10:45:14 pm »

That's why I put the word "might" on bold and then proceeded to say that it could be made if the disposition would arise. It would be a funny thing that I think many peple would agree with. Of course it couldn't be made for Beta 4, only for a final release or as an extra after that.

As for Beta 4, I ask for a better setup when making a sever, with drop-down menus for the game modes, weapon sets, etc. so that you don't have to loom for the names on the script files and such. You get to know them after a while, but it would be more user-friendly that way. Don't know if it hard to code though.

The server menu is part of valves code so to change it we would have to recode the whole thing. :(
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Up