GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 06:39:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 153956 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »

Extra name changing abilities, currently we can do setinfo name "namehere" which works but only when we join a server and it reverts back to  our steam name when we quit the game.  Also coloured names would be a nice touch.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »

You can put that into a script to make it easier.

I don't know if we can re-add a name parameter to the options and have it auto-apply when you join a server. Likely, your steam name would still show when you connect, and it would change when you get to the team/avatar screen.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mr.Bond

• 00 Newbie
  • Mr.Bond has no influence.
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2009, 10:07:22 am »

I'd like to see a Bond skin of him in the black jumpsuit, like in the beginning of Goldeneye. The skin was also in Goldeneye 64. But if Trevelyan is gonna be wearing the same style jumpsuit it will probably be best to leave Bond in a tux.

SPECTRE v7

• Secret Agent
  • SPECTRE v7 has no influence.
    • myspace.com/orlando87
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2009, 05:24:52 pm »

CTF, also when im in team deathmatch, and two or more of my team mates are in a narrow hall we all can't fit and move where we want, maybe there can be some way to go through our team mates so that we all don't waste time trying to get past each other.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2009, 08:36:26 pm »

Two things I would like to see in Beta 4.

First, I would like to see the klobbs accuracy get just a tad bit better. I remember actually being able to hit somebody in the nintendo 64 goldeneye but I can't even really kill anybody with the klobb in beta 3. It is almost a useless gun, in my opinion. I would just like to see it become a little more accurate since it is already a pretty weak gun and we don't need to have the spray as bad as it is.

Second, I would like to see the name of the individual pop up when you hover over their character, just like how it is on team play when you can view the player that is on your team...however, it would be to have it for all game modes. I love being able to tell which people are my friends when playing.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2009, 09:20:48 pm »

I have given a little thought to giving it a boost while sighted, but that would be silly.  A small buff wouldn't make it any different in the hands of most players (those who don't know its secret) and a big buff would de-Klobberate it.

We had the name prompt and it was really annoying.  Generally you can learn who plays which character which makes the feature obsolete anyway.  As more characters come in we'll have more variety in that regard.  Mishkin and Boris are pretty popular, but you usually only see a couple Maydays and Jaws running around.  Oddjob is rather uncommon, too, which suprises me.  I've noticed a Valentin spike recently, as well.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2009, 10:18:10 pm »

It couldn't have been that annoying since we see it all the time in TF2 and it isn't that bad. You guys just need to make it more transparent or pick a color that is soft..or only make it when you get really close to that person.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2009, 11:14:19 pm »

TF2 only shows it for teammates. Same with GES.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2009, 09:35:22 am »

i miss the name hover as well. i like knowing who i kill so i can yell "die 'said person'!!!" as i choot the crap out of them

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2009, 11:36:19 am »

I read somewhere in this forum that the map  Caverns  is being developed as we speak? Hows it coming along?

Man i used to love that map on multiplayer.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2009, 11:46:49 am »

Having the enemy players name show up enables people to shoot enemies without seeing them, many times I have shot players ducked behind an object but could not see the player model only their name.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2009, 11:50:21 am »

I read somewhere in this forum that the map  Caverns  is being developed as we speak? Hows it coming along?

Man i used to love that map on multiplayer.

Sharps signature is "Level Design Team W.I.P.:Ge_Runway ; Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Caverns"

Guess we'll have to ask him ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2009, 03:56:59 pm »

Stable tick rate=More shots register=UnknownPain :)

Nothing else really DD44 isnt that accurate i guess. Rocket laucher and GL must be included this will attract many more noobs and keep the mod popular for awhile. Noobs cling to explosives as do flies on shit.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2009, 04:02:10 pm »

DD44's getting a buff, but you know this because you read my weblog.

RL and GL and Moonraker are waiting on charming and promising new developers to join the team.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2009, 05:34:46 pm »

If Sharp's making Caverns_Classic as well, tell him not to remove the slow-as-hell double doors. :)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29   Go Up