GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 02:16:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 153837 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2009, 12:20:32 pm »

p.s. I don't mean to harp on ya but the correct term is 'center of mass'  ;)

No problem man, only now I realized the stupid error I committed... Thanks for the correction anyway; I wouldn't have noticed it myself if you hadn't pointed it out.

For those who don't now, in GE007, the characters center of mass was roughly in the middle of their chest.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2009, 10:01:13 pm »

Soem sort of support for other games maps, from CS:S or HL2DM and such, I have already tried it with a few from HL2DM, they load up fine and work well the only problem is weapons.  The only weaopn tht is available is the shotgun I do not know if it is possible but it would be nice to have these maps work natviley with the GE weapons spawning apropriately.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2009, 10:04:32 pm »

Oh, this is so sad  :'(

Why?

Oh, and, by the way, I also support the current aiming method. And if you don't want to press shift, just use the shotgun.

We cannot, and I'll repeat cannot distribute any content related to the original game. Which means we cannot strip the original sounds and use them in our recreation and distribute\release them to you guys. It would be in violation to copyright laws. Every sound that is related to the original was RECREATED by our sound designers, and not directly taken from the original game.

If you want to use the sounds on your own, that is fine.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2009, 11:15:08 pm »

Soem sort of support for other games maps, from CS:S or HL2DM and such, I have already tried it with a few from HL2DM, they load up fine and work well the only problem is weapons.  The only weaopn tht is available is the shotgun I do not know if it is possible but it would be nice to have these maps work natviley with the GE weapons spawning apropriately.

Heh, our wepaon spawning system is unique to our game, of course maps from other games aren't going to work.  If someone wants a map from another game to work, they'll need to fix their map to match our spawning system.  You change the map to match the game, not change the game to match millions of possible maps from other games. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2009, 11:24:53 pm »

Shotgun uses the same bullets and spawn entity or what ever since they do actually spawn.
 I don't think it would be too hard, maybe  tell the game to spawn certain weapons on the spawn entities of the existing weapons magnum, RPG etc and remove the HP and HEV packs completely.

I think it would be awsome if done, c'mon I know you can do it you have the talents.  :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:27:08 pm by keefy »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2009, 11:36:47 pm »

Hl2dm maps are not designed for ges. All the spawns (player, weapons, ammo, armour) need to be redone. However, this doesnt mean recompiling the map as you can get entity editors and remove all the old and place new ones in.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2009, 11:48:18 pm »

So it could be done with entity editor? I will give that a try.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2009, 02:16:05 am »

We cannot, and I'll repeat cannot distribute any content related to the original game. Which means we cannot strip the original sounds and use them in our recreation and distribute\release them to you guys. It would be in violation to copyright laws. Every sound that is related to the original was RECREATED by our sound designers, and not directly taken from the original game.

If you want to use the sounds on your own, that is fine.

I figured this was the case, but the original sound of the 'AK' was very distinct and GES's recreation sounds nothing like it, i'd like to see this sound re'redone to resemble the original

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2009, 03:11:42 am »

I'm sure somebody will release an original soundpack somewhere. It's just a matter of time.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2009, 06:50:33 pm »

First off, Hello! I've been browsing these forums for the last month and I decided to register to put in my 2 cents. This might be somewhat lengthy, hope you don't mind.

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned being able to use the butt of the sniper as a melee weapon (It was the butt of the sniper, right?) That would make a nice alternative to slappers, maybe do twice the slapper damage.

I'd really, really like to see a nighttime version of cradle with some dim lighting scattered about the towers and 2 buildings in the center. That would be amazing.

I was thinking maybe a combination of Facility frontzone, backzone AND the runway map. Hear me out, you could have objectives like the M16 team has to get from the facility to the plane on runway and escape while completing objectives and the Janus team has to prevent it. Eh?
On the topic of game modes, maybe Capture the briefcase or king of the hill, they WERE from Perfect dark but the 2 games had a similar gameplay style and I think those modes would fit great in GE:S.

Bunker, need bunker. And if the Siberia level too, that's a must. Maybe even another objective oriented map combining Siberia and bunker? Something to bring back the nostalgic mission feel from the original.

Dual wielding sounds nice but it would have to be tricky to get 2 weapons, that or their damage would have to decrease a bit so that you aren't raping everyone with dual phantoms or RCP90s.

The golden Gun needs to show up less in random weaponsets.

More clothes colors for the other characters perhaps? Why does only bind get 'em? =P

I agree with a point stated earlier about the gun firing should cause light to appear from the muzzle flash in dark rooms, it would help you to see who you're shooting at in the dark and add a great effect.

Oh and some larger maps for Team deathmatch, I love that game mode. The whole M16 vs Janus thing is a lot of fun, but no one is ever playing on a TDM server or hosting one. =/

Oh! I almost forgot! More Achievements! These have been so fun, unfortunately I'm reaching the 00Agent mark on a few of them and I feel I got there way too quickly. They need to have higher requirements and I believe the License to kill achievement should have the A, SA and 00A difficulties too but it should go something like: A = 1,000 Kills, SA = 5000, 00Agent = 10,000. It sounds like a lot but if you play as often as I do it would seem perfect. =P
Besides it SHOULD take a lot of time.

Now for a few things I've just wanted to say...

The Aiming is perfect, I don't see why so many people complain about it, it just takes practice. I've gotten quite good after learning on Beta 1.1h. It really doesn't take long at all to learn how to get 70% headshots. You just need to learn how the weapons act and where the center of the screen is. Adding a crosshair or any way to enable one is a horrible idea, people need to just learn how to play and practice, that's all it takes. My all time favorite aspect of GE:S is the different style of gameplay. I'd hate for it to turn into a game like all the rest.

One thing that's been bothering me is people calling me a n00b on MWGG for using the Golden Gun... this irritates me to no end and a lot of people just leave servers because they die too often and don't even TRY. Is there a way to make it more noticeable that it's not a regular deathmatch game mode? I think people enter those servers oblivious to the gameplay type.

That's all I can think of for the time being. =]

EDIT: I forgot to ask, is it possible to make it so when a door (like the metal ones in facility) is closing you can reopening it while its closing so you don't have to wait for it to close before you open it again? Sometimes this is a must to escape a fight or even being able to close the door behind you to block off the enemy for just a little longer so you can grab the gun in the locker room and kill him before he manages to get inside. This was in the original game and I definitely used the technique to save my ass a few times.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 07:05:05 pm by Nozzy06 »
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2009, 07:08:40 pm »

Somewhat lengthy? It took me an amazing minute to read through all your text. That should not be done in a forum! ;) Anyway, welcome friend. Hope you enjoy your stay.

The sniper butt, if I recall correctly did the same amount of damage as the slappers and it was a somewhat stupid weapon simply because the sniper is a precision weapon equipped with zooming lenses which are sensitive. That being said, I'd love to have it back in GE:S.

Bunker (a classic recreation) and Siberia were available in Beta 1.1 as third-party creations. It's just a matter of time until someone compiles them to the OB engine.

As for dual wielding, browse the forums to get a more precise idea of how it'll be.

MWtGG is being discussed in another thread. Go there and you'll be enlightened about that game mode and why people keep ditching it.

Correction: it's MI6 and not M16. M16 is an assault rifle in which the AR33 is based.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2009, 07:12:35 pm »

M16... MI6... Oops.  :-X You're right, my bad!
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2009, 07:14:47 pm »

M16... MI6... Oops.  :-X You're right, my bad!

Just a minor correction I made. Don't take it personally though!  ;)

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2009, 07:17:15 pm »

Just a minor correction I made. Don't take it personally though!  ;)

Grammar Nazi strikes again !

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2009, 07:24:45 pm »

How about +attack2 doing crosshairs for all weapons that have crosshairs and when using mines it blows them up?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29   Go Up