GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 29, 2024, 08:11:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 118035 times)

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2009, 03:50:37 pm »

I would like to remove the blood...

Matteobin  8)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #406 on: December 23, 2009, 11:59:33 pm »

That's not going to happen. :P

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #407 on: December 24, 2009, 12:21:24 am »

Lol blood screen.

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #408 on: January 02, 2010, 02:01:40 pm »

Lol i like the examples.
I would like a better GE007 feeling, bu how to make that ?
Well i would like to see ge_train and as bevor said, a nightime or snow version of cradle.
Maybe a Singeplayer Demo in Facility ?
Original Voices.
New James Bond Themes songs for example those songs from Nightfire, who gives a 007 feeling  :D
More ingame possibility : For example you go to a controlconsole in a map, and when you activate it, that something happend like a explosion, or a big crate that can fall on a player ?
mhm what could also be cool... ?
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #409 on: January 02, 2010, 03:26:45 pm »

Well i would like to see ge_train and as bevor said, a nightime or snow version of cradle.

All maps are going to be made, including train. These maps take years to complete. Nighttime/snow Cradle was not in GoldenEye 64, and wouldn't create a better GoldenEye feeling. Plus, the Cradle in in Cuba, how would there be snow on it?

Maybe a Singeplayer Demo in Facility ?

Find us some AI coders. Also, if we were to release Singleplayer, it would be for all maps, not just one. When and if we get our SP characters coded it will be a matter of setting up guard positions and paths and recompiling the maps.

Original Voices.

Find us some voice actors.

New James Bond Themes songs for example those songs from Nightfire, who gives a 007 feeling  :D

How would this create a better GoldenEye Feeling? Nightfire was Nightfire, not GoldenEye.

More ingame possibility : For example you go to a controlconsole in a map, and when you activate it, that something happend like a explosion, or a big crate that can fall on a player ?

That's HL2 Deathmatch, not GoldenEye. All environment props in GES are static with the exception of a few small ones (pop cans, book, plates, etc) which have no collision on the player. The most a player can do with the environment (and is most likely willing to do, I can't imagine anyone setting up an elaborate physics trap) is blow up barrels and generators that are close to other players and cause a few points of damage to them.

I would like to remove the blood...

Matteobin  8)

We're making it fancier.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:28:48 pm by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #410 on: January 02, 2010, 05:35:03 pm »

There is/will be an option in the settings to disable the blood screen. (options, multiplayer, advanced, disable blood)
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

• Secret Agent
« Reply #411 on: January 02, 2010, 05:37:43 pm »

Why disable blood ? I want MORE blood  8)
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

lotus006

• Agent
  • lotus006 has no influence.
« Reply #412 on: January 02, 2010, 05:54:23 pm »

Any news about the release of the beta 4 for the 1st January ? we are the 2nd january.

But anyway nice job for the rocket and the laser gun !

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #413 on: January 02, 2010, 06:01:13 pm »

Any news about the release of the beta 4 for the 1st January ? we are the 2nd january.

Shush! Don't rush them, I want to play Beta 3.1.4 just a little bit longer  ;)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #414 on: January 02, 2010, 06:13:04 pm »

Why would you want to play GoldenEye pi? Rolling explosions and Rocket Launchers are fun. If you want to have fun with an older build, boot up Beta 1 and run around the pipe lines of Facility with the Silenced ZMG :P

• Secret Agent
« Reply #415 on: January 02, 2010, 06:15:03 pm »

Lol the angry picture from JcFerggy to his post   :D

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #416 on: January 02, 2010, 06:15:59 pm »

I was joking  ;)  Plus, its not very much fun playing an older build if it has an empty online community.  That's what I was trying to get at, since everyone's going to be playing beta 4 instead when it comes out, including me ::)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:35:56 pm by EMH Mark I »

gckid333

• Agent
  • gckid333 has no influence.
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2010, 03:35:33 am »

i just started playing and i noticed this a lot today. when you shoot someone in the head, they don't die :P. i remember in the original game a shot to the head was instant death. can that be added in?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2010, 04:14:17 am »

Shot to the head was not instant death in GE64, it took an average of 50% health, as it does in GES. All weapons had their damage, rate of fire, and accuracy tested with value-ripping GE64 utilities that gave these values to the thousandth decimal, and then the average of these values was calculated and coded into the GES weapons (Viashino Cutthroat can give you a more in-depth explanation, and you can also read his blog on the forums for more details).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:22:47 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #419 on: January 04, 2010, 04:19:52 am »

i just started playing and i noticed this a lot today. when you shoot someone in the head, they don't die :P. i remember in the original game a shot to the head was instant death. can that be added in?

I can only see that happening in single player with specific weapons.  Do you have any idea how annoying it would be in multiplayer to always die to one round...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up