GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 11:57:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 154265 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2009, 03:32:47 pm »

I think what needs to be done is that when someone dies near one of the spawns, that particular spawn is rendered inaccesible by for about 3 - 5 seconds to allow the killer to get away and that the particular person who was killed spawns on the other side of the map so it doesn't break up the flow of action for the victim

This is impossible, with any real amounts of people that would render all spawn points invalid in the first 10-15 seconds of play. You are just going to have to deal with it, thats what a multiplayer game is all about. There is already code in place that places you in the "least populated" spawn spot (not 100% assured). Of course I could make sure you would spawn in the most OPTIMAL spot every time, but every spawn would be an enormous waste of computing power.

Kavinsky

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kavinsky has no influence.
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2009, 08:06:51 pm »

well I would think that atleast making it so the person who died spawns on the other side of the map rather than behind you would be good. or just make the radius around "the least populated spawn point" bigger, specifically on Ge Caves where that kept on happening to me.

I can live with turning off the auto pick up but something does need to be done with the spawn system, granted its much better than it was in 3.0 where it was just "okay good I've finally spawned, "Kavinsky sucided" because someone spawned on top of me, and then they suicided and now he suicided and on and on.

Rig it up so that we can tell when someone on a lower or higher level can see us or atleast when there aiming at you

and do something about the weapon sets when everyone but you has an ar33 and you've only got a lousy klobb is a no brainer whos going to kill who
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:39:36 pm by Kavinsky »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2009, 09:05:32 pm »

well I would think that at least max making it so the person who died spawns on the other side of the map rather than behind you would be good.

and do something about the weapon sets when everyone but you has an ar33 and you've only got a lousy klobb is a no brainer whos going to kill who

Get moar guns.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kavinsky

• Agent
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2009, 09:47:13 pm »

and how about using this as a reference for the Brosnan bond model
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Fleming007impression.jpg

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:11 pm »

Kavinsky, we appreciate feedback, but we are not inclined to listen to people who impose their will

but something does need to be done with the spawn system

Rig it up so that we can tell when someone on a lower or higher level can see us or atleast when there aiming at you

do something about the weapon sets

Just because YOU have a problem with it, doesn't mean the rest of our community does. We make our decisions based on global gameplay impacts and the community, not on a single person's viewpoint (except VC).

Kavinsky

• Agent
« Reply #275 on: April 12, 2009, 01:11:14 am »

Sorry I didn't mean it like that, I was just a little pissed, I just played on one of the servers with a map with a lot of upwards walkways and I kept getting shot in the ass when I though I was safe, and it seemd like everyone else had ar33 and all I had was a lously hunting knife or the ocassional klobb all i got we're 4 kills to 12 deaths.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:16:16 am by Kavinsky »

Axel

• Jenova's Pet
  • Agent
  • Axel has no influence.
    • Myspace
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2009, 02:42:29 pm »

I like all the characters
Just Samdia (or however you spell his name) needs black hands lol
Maybe add a few more characters like Trav, Natalia and maybe the evil woman from day another day! Electra I think!
Maybe some models like the random enemies you fight in the N64 version (referring to the guard) Like the snow guard ^^
Just a few character ideas!
I feel lighter, maybe I lost some weight. All that dillydallying

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #277 on: April 13, 2009, 04:23:12 pm »

The characters will be added in due time.

It's Samedi, by the way.

The hands thing is because only one hand model was made for convenience. That will also be taken care of in due time.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2009, 07:27:28 pm »

Maybe some models like the random enemies you fight in the N64 version (referring to the guard) Like the snow guard ^^
Just a few character ideas!

Models for everyone are planned. (Though I don't know about the extra-extra players.)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2009, 06:27:28 am »

hey i want to impose my will again and say BOTS!!! (you can kill me ingame)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2009, 01:20:13 pm »

(you can kill me ingame)

with pleasure! Although that defeats the purpose of bots then...

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2009, 09:24:49 pm »

with pleasure! Although that defeats the purpose of bots then...

haha KM seems like on the offensive side today :) I don't blame him though that little rascal. :D

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2009, 09:15:06 pm »

Are you planning on changing the main menu's background? I thought it'd be a good idea, since the current one does not capture the true feel of the original, in my opinion. In no way I am saying the current one is badly made; contrary to that. It looks really good.

A folder with the MI6 symbol and Bond's picture could be added, like in the original, and maybe the font used on the main menu changed to something more like that used in a file like that. That's just my opinion.

This is not a necessary nor urgent change. It'd be a nice touch, a nice detail, so to speak.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2009, 09:29:34 pm »

We agree with you PPK. The main point is "detail" and also the fact that VGUI is such a pain to work on in code and in game. Its planned to have something different, possibly for B4

JamesBondMan

• Secret Agent
  • JamesBondMan is looked down upon.
« Reply #284 on: April 17, 2009, 01:53:15 am »

Whats the average amount of time spent per beta realease?
Happines is a warm gun.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Up