GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 11:58:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?  (Read 154267 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 4?
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2009, 08:40:51 pm »

You have it rather backwards. If you are on radar, you cannot hide.  If you are off radar, it may be difficult to be made, even with your tracers leading from you.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2009, 07:11:21 pm »

I think a really dark map with flashlights enabled'd do the job.

neon_flame

« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2009, 04:23:46 pm »

I know that dual weapons/weapons not yet implemented are already being worked on, but since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, I was wondering if this is going to include the sniper rifle butt replacing the slapper once you get a rifle?

I know it probably wouldn't be that useful to anyone, and shouldn't be a priority, but since it was in the original I figured it was something worth mentioning  :)

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2009, 04:39:42 pm »

Rifle Butt is a distinct weapon and is set to be included.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2009, 08:12:32 pm »

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but here it goes: on both shotguns, you can see some rounds (five on the rocksalt, six on the auto) on their side, kind of like in an ammunition belt. I think it would be neat to see them disappear as you fired your gun, i.e. they would disappear only whne you were reaching your last five or six bullets, depending on the case. It wasn't on the original, but it would make up as a great detail.

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2009, 12:35:48 am »

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but here it goes: on both shotguns, you can see some rounds (five on the rocksalt, six on the auto) on their side, kind of like in an ammunition belt. I think it would be neat to see them disappear as you fired your gun, i.e. they would disappear only whne you were reaching your last five or six bullets, depending on the case. It wasn't on the original, but it would make up as a great detail.

On that note, if there were to disappear, they should only do so after you reload, and if you are down to only the amount of ammunition left in the gun (the ones on the side or top are not part of your weapon's clip, they are just extra rounds sitting next to the gun, ie. not ready to be fired without a reload)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2009, 07:55:55 am »

That is what I meant; sorry for not conveying the idea the best way, but I was dfeeling kind of drowsy when I wrote the suggestion.

gdmatt

• Agent
  • gdmatt has no influence.
« Reply #262 on: April 10, 2009, 07:21:05 am »

Personally I would like to see some bots for when my internet is capped, or just for some fun. I know there has been problems with bots in the past, but couldn't you convert the ones from CSS and modify their AI to whatever is required? Even if it's not possible for the Beta 4 release, could it be a possibility for future releases?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2009, 08:12:30 am »

Dont have access to the code for css bots

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2009, 11:05:15 am »

What good would a CSS bot be? They'd either spam with rifles and miss everything or stand still, crouch, and eat CMag while expecting the sniper rifle to do zillions of damage to limb hitboxes.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2009, 09:16:16 pm »

Actually, this does occur in GE007.
When you are completely out of shells, the gun is bare.

But seeing each one disappear on the last 5 rounds would be a nice touch.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2009, 10:48:20 pm »

If you reload with partial in reserve, such as 5|1, that one alone will appear in the mounted clip.  However, in GE007 it only updates when the weapon is drawn.

Kavinsky

• Agent
  • Kavinsky has no influence.
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2009, 06:54:32 am »

Alright The spawn system is the one of the few things that bugs me about goldeneye source

I've had it happen to me a number of times that right after I kill someone and are 20 feet away from a particular spawn that the person I just killed spawns right behind me and kills me, and then I do the same to them and on and on.

I think what needs to be done is that when someone dies near one of the spawns, that particular spawn is rendered inaccesible by for about 3 - 5 seconds to allow the killer to get away and that the particular person who was killed spawns on the other side of the map so it doesn't break up the flow of action for the victim

This is one of the few things that really annoys me about Goldeneye.
If this annoyance was delt with in either this way or some other way i'd be playing goldeneye source much more than I do now, which is typically once a week because of this.

Kavinsky

• Agent
  • Kavinsky has no influence.
« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2009, 07:01:35 am »

some sort of one life per player "last man standing" match would be fun in one of the really open maps like Ge Runway, Ge Cradle, and Ge Egyptian

the doors need to be fixed in Ge Archives.

also could you modifly it so that when the "auto switch on new weapon pickup" option is activated that it only selects the new gun and not nades or proxy mines?

I ran into a nade pickup by accident and it switched me over from the KF7 Soviet to a nade right in the middle of a one on one gunbattle.

could you also rig it up so it prefers the guns with the highest rate of fire and damage so we don't switch over from an a33 to a cougar magnum or a pp7 to a klobb?

are you going to redo the Brosnan Bond skin for beta 4?
It doesn't even look like him.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:56:41 am by Kavinsky »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2009, 12:54:04 pm »

YOLT and L&LD should cover your bases.

Doors are going to be overhauled.

Turn off autoswitch. Turning it off is what everyone does in all shooting games.

Rate of fire and damage is subjective.  Would you rather have an AR33 with 10 bullets over a fully-loaded Phantom?  I wouldn't.

It may receive some tweaks, but we are not making our models look like the actors.  For legal concerns, we make our models look like people who look like the actors.  Think of it from the perspective of us deciding to re-film Goldeneye -- we wouldn't get the original cast but we would get close.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Up