GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 11:20:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: magnum animation  (Read 11330 times)

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
magnum animation
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:43:40 am »

I noticed the cougar magnum does not have any animation when fired apart from the recoil. What im referring to is no rotational movement of the drum which holds the rounds (not sure what its real name is) and the hammer.

Revolvers are unique in that almost all of the moving parts are visible which makes this lack of movement really noticeably out of place, to me anyway.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: magnum animation
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 06:49:29 am »

@ approx. 4:00 you can see the animation.

Hammer and Drum action.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11:39 am »

The CMag animation is much improved from Beta 1.1. It's really good to see the great job they did with that weapon, which happens to be one of my favorites. Once I went as far as taking it to a confrontation against a friend of mine armed with a P90 and full body armor and the most surprising thing is that I won! Circle strafing ftfw!

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 04:23:17 pm »

The cmag requires skill to fire.  You will understand when its out.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:03:14 pm »

The cmag requires skill to fire.

I am perfectly aware it does. That's why I gave the example of what happened to me once. :D

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:16:24 am »

@ approx. 4:00 you can see the animation.

Hammer and Drum action.

Ah i see yeah thats what i was talking about, ive watched that trailer before but never noticed that.

A couple questions about the trailer...  It mentions the klobb but does not show it? whut up with that?
Also how does he detonate the mines so quickly without even bringing up the watch ??? I must know

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:24:52 am »

When you throw the mine, you can press the first and second mouse buttons at the same time and it will detonate the mine instantly. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:31:18 am »

Ah i see yeah thats what i was talking about, ive watched that trailer before but never noticed that.

A couple questions about the trailer...  It mentions the klobb but does not show it? whut up with that?
Also how does he detonate the mines so quickly without even bringing up the watch ??? I must know

The Klobb isn't in the first person view in the video. The person that he is fighting is using a klobb. So you can hear it, you just can't see it. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 12:57:17 am »

There are three times when an outside agent's weapon is identified.

Throwing Knife in Facility. (Killed me)
D5K Deutsche on Runway. (Killed Oddjob)
Klobb in Egyptian. (Killed me.  From seven bars.  I was really crummy that entire inning...AShot and CMag are much more effective than they look in that shot.  I was also lucky to get the clip, since KM disconnected the server exactly when that clip ends.)
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 01:47:23 am »

When you throw the mine, you can press the first and second mouse buttons at the same time and it will detonate the mine instantly.

Really! I have the right mouse button mapped to aim will it still work?

i might as well just try it rather than ask  :P

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 04:18:27 am »

If you remap the keys, you remap the combination. The game doesn't see the buttons you use directly.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 05:43:56 am »

yeah i realized how stupid that question was right after asked.... i was tired lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up