GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 12:28:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sniper Rifle  (Read 16414 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Sniper Rifle
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 03:12:33 am »

Sniper rilfe was brought down to its current level from a more-buffed state. It will not likely return.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 05:48:15 am »

the sniper rifle at its current state at long distances is a total beast. there's only a handful of guns in the game that can counter it.

you may not be going "BOOM HEAD SHOT" all day but you will be sniping long distances watching people drop like flies quite often.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 05:53:26 am »

and getting achievements ;-)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 10:12:25 am »

AuG, Premium PP7, CMag, AR33, or RCP90.  That's pretty much your only hope against Bishop at long-range.

We already have tester(s) who refuse to play Cradle with Bishop in the loadout; it's getting almost as much hate as Proxy Mines.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 10:19:39 am »

and getting achievements ;-)

And here is one hint for a possible, if not already implemented, achievement.

It's good you didn't make it a messenger of death like the AWP in CS. That gun is just insane. You kill like four people with one round and that is really unbalancing. In no time we would have players roaming around with the sniper, blowing other player's brains off.
The way is was in GE007 is perfect. It somehow prevented you from camping that much because of the damage it made.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 10:47:13 pm »

So why is it called the Bishop Sniper Rifle?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 11:08:03 pm »

And here is one hint for a possible, if not already implemented, achievement.

It's good you didn't make it a messenger of death like the AWP in CS. That gun is just insane. You kill like four people with one round and that is really unbalancing. In no time we would have players roaming around with the sniper, blowing other player's brains off.
The way is was in GE007 is perfect. It somehow prevented you from camping that much because of the damage it made.

The likely reason it seemed so balanced was because you had to take about 5 seconds to aim with the controller. The reason I'm worried about it on the PC is because you can aim a whole lot quicker with a mouse, like what happens with the AWP in CSS as previously mentioned.

What's great is this will be a huge step from the Beta 1 Sniper Rifle, which is one of those guns a player typically avoids because it's completely broken (like the CMag).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 12:13:15 am »

There is a similar handicap in our game as well.  The sniper zoom takes a short time to zoom in all the way (it feels long though), and the crosshair doesn't show up until the scope is fully zoomed.  Needless to say, you won't be able to pull off any snap shots like in cs.
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Ratdart

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ratdart has no influence.
    • Texas Militia
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 04:16:52 am »

There is a similar handicap in our game as well.  The sniper zoom takes a short time to zoom in all the way (it feels long though), and the crosshair doesn't show up until the scope is fully zoomed.  Needless to say, you won't be able to pull off any snap shots like in cs.

Good, that is one of the main reasons why I don't like playing CS.

If anyone knows CSS there is a Gun Game Mod that is awesomely fun to play.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up