GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 07:37:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Guys / Feedback  (Read 24027 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Hey Guys / Feedback
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2009, 02:01:47 pm »

Australia will host beta 3 way more extensively that previous versions. Me and lodle will make sure of it :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »

Even tehn, I wouldn't host any game while its still in beta. - Especially as GES has no VAC.

I don't know what your deal is? What is the big deal about a "beta" moniker. This release is far from Beta, its practically final, but we haven't implemented *every* feature we want yet. Also, you should catch up with your Source information, everything is VAC protected as long as you enable it (its on by default). You really confuse me, if you won't host it if its in beta, then why would you even want to play it?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 04:44:02 pm »

Australia will host beta 3 way more extensively that previous versions. Me and lodle will make sure of it :D

All ready got ga signed up for servers and im working on node as we speak. :P

hyp3rstrike

• Biohaze Gaming Co-Owner / Invictus Venatus Clan Leader
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • hyp3rstrike has no influence.
    • Biohaze Gaming
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 09:08:00 pm »

I don't know what your deal is? What is the big deal about a "beta" moniker. This release is far from Beta, its practically final, but we haven't implemented *every* feature we want yet. Also, you should catch up with your Source information, everything is VAC protected as long as you enable it (its on by default). You really confuse me, if you won't host it if its in beta, then why would you even want to play it?
Because:
A) I do not have the bandwith to support a server. 512kbps is not a desirable speed for more than 2 people. Plus factoring in that I have three people on my home network who decide to chew up bandwith with crap, it'll cause lag for the one person.
B) I'm usually weary of betas. Its only in recent months that I've really laxxed in terms of using betas.
C) What MY deal is? Whos the person calling me a what? a Moinker? ;P
D) Forgive me if I misunderstood that its a full release. The Beta actually says otherwise.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 09:17:36 pm »

Read it > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

'Beta' is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to users for software testing before its official release. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:19:25 pm by Sean [Baron] »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 09:22:38 pm »

No need to worry, mate. Mark [lodle] Wake[of]theBunT  and said he was already taking care of the server hosting problems for you people in Australia. And you can be sure that they will, specially Wake, who runs a GE:S clan.

hyp3rstrike

• Agent
    • Biohaze Gaming
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 09:23:46 pm »

Read it > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes.
Need I say why I'm weary? I hate unnecessary crap to deal with. If I wanted that, I'd deal with my ISP with a happier attitude. I notice an issue with the GameArena server, as the gameround constantly restarts every 5 minutes.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2009, 09:30:28 pm »

Key word there is CAN BE. It's up to developers of said product to release a stable build. The notice is put that there, because it's not a final product and thus, unexpected things can happen, like crashes

I can assure you though that we've extensively tested our build, and crashes have been dealt with.

But, nobody is telling you to play the BETA 3 when it's released, if you don't want to that's fine. But don't complain to us that because it's not final, that your not going to play it because of your own doubts of BETA's. Thats not our problem.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:34:27 pm by Sean [Baron] »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

hyp3rstrike

• Agent
    • Biohaze Gaming
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2009, 09:53:06 pm »

Key word there is CAN BE. It's up to developers of said product to release a stable build. The notice is put that there, because it's not a final product and thus, unexpected things can happen, like crashes

I can assure you though that we've extensively tested our build, and crashes have been dealt with.
I haven't experienced crashes so far, only but the open process of hl2.exe, but you said yourself it might have been fixed in Beta 3.
But, nobody is telling you to play the BETA 3 when it's released, if you don't want to that's fine. But don't complain to us that because it's not final, that your not going to play it because of your own doubts of BETA's. Thats not our problem.
Never said it was your problem. I wasn't complaining either. I never said I wasn't going to play it. I merely stated that I am weary of betas and that the name containing beta can easily be misunderstood at a first glance. yes, very narrow viewed of me but by now you should be able to understand my point of view.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 03:52:13 am »

C) What MY deal is? Whos the person calling me a what? a Moinker? ;P

Ugh, a moniker is a title for something. And my sentence is clearly referring to the "Beta" tag as a moniker. You were passing a blanket (and wildly incorrect) assumption about our product just because of it's title. I hope we can convince you otherwise to host a server with Beta 3.

And for the record, you can experience just as much heart ache and crashes and shit with the FULL RELEASE Valve products you buy in the stores. Just because its Final doesn't mean it's bug free, that is never the truth, nothing is ever totally bug free.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up