GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:50:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 1/19/09  (Read 22302 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
GES Update 1/19/09
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:02:40 am »

Hey community!

So I bet you want some more? Or at least it is safe to say you won't be against seeing more goodies from our development that will make you drool! We have some treats today including the promised d5k in-game, plus many screens and info covering 2 great maps in our beta 3. Dont worry, the other maps in pairs of two will be covered this week also if your favourite isn't included today ;)

D5K in-game

Silenced D5K (seperate weapon available in different weaponsets)

FACILITY
The facility map, by Fourtecks, has been an ever changing masterpiece of the last 3 years. The most recent version the public knows was an experiment in flow. An entire subsection was built and each room is basically connected in some way.

Beta 3 Facility brings it back to basics with just the addition of the ground vents connecting the locker room to the console room. This is needed to stop the choke point that makes the map too linear for Multiplayer. I think you'll find this regains much of the nostalgia of the map. Some rooms have had complete overhauls and the textures are almost completely re-done. So much asset work has gone into this version you will just be flawed.

Click for larger image

CAVES
The map Caves, by Loafie, hero of dreams, is greatly improved in look from the Alpha 1.1 and even Beta 1.0 eras. The addition of realistic plants and the addition of rock effects really makes this a treat for the eyes. It immerses you inside an environment that many people didn't think too much of in the original game.

The gameplay was always its strongpoint and Loafie did not deny making each section an almost direct recreation. We think you will get a kick out of this Orange Box enhanced creation! Big credit to Konrad who slaved on the foliage.

Click for larger image

Wiki
Our wiki is technically new, if you haven't read around the forums, we ask that you sign up to the wiki again and help sort out a lot of the community and 3rd party section. If you port your own userpages that would be a great help to the cause! We have ported a lot from the old location with the help of a dedicated community member, JcFerggy. Big thanks to him he even earned a staff tag "Wiki Guru" for his efforts. He's the purple one you'll see floating around the boards.

Oh look more posing!

ModDB top 100
Thanks so much for your votes I'm sure we did quite well with your help, however (and a blessing in disguise) we did not find ourselves eligable for 2008. That is fine with us actually, since we want 2009 to be the chosen year of GoldenEye: Source in the released category!

Next update : Apart from more mentioned map screens, will be a detailed explanation of the HUD layout plus screens of it.

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:00:05 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: GES Update 1/19/09
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:19:36 am »

Facility looks great. It looks new and fresh while still retaining the atmosphere it had in the original game. Well done.

Caves looks brighter which makes me happy. One of my biggest complaints was not being able to see half the time.

D5K looks great though I was hoping for the silver silencer it had in the game.

Thanks for the great update.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 03:43:23 am »

If I recall, the silencer wasn't silver, it was just shiny.  Either way, we're just recycling the PP7-S silencer for now.  Here's how Silenced D5K made it into Beta 3:
Quote from: AIM
(05:28:05 PM) VC: Fine by me; what about D5K... can we get the silencer attached to the model?  That's all it needs, beyond me digging up my notes and making a script up for it.
(05:29:16 PM) KM: yah
(05:29:20 PM) KM: lemme talk to fourt
(05:30:24 PM) VC: pwn
(05:33:17 PM) KM: oh snap!
(05:33:24 PM) KM: its already setup
(05:33:27 PM) KM: "codes"

(05:56:22 PM) KM: lol
(06:09:06 PM) KM: sweet d5k silence is ingame
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:18:49 am »

Some things are so simple. Others, are not. Hahah.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:37:16 am »

Some very secksy screens there.
*excitement*

And no, the D5K's silencer is the same model as what's on the PP7. (In GE007, that is.)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 04:47:07 am »

Wait, does this mean that the Silenced weapons are there own weapon now, instead of being an alternate fire method?

Also, will Silenced actually mean "Silent"? What I mean is, will other players be able to hear your gunfire?; and by "Hear", I mean any sound at all. If that is not currently planned, it should be considered. I want some sort of triad off for the lacking of accuracy.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 04:50:13 am »

Yes silenced weapons are separate weapons entirely just like GE64, although VC still can't get over his missing Silenced ZMG ;-)

You can hear the silenced weapon (as you can in real life!) but outside of 20 ft or so it is nearly imperceptible so it definitely does help to use silenced (that is of course unless you have radar enabled then all bets are off!)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 04:51:21 am »

Well, at the moment, "silencers" (which are really "suppressors") do muffle the sound of the shots a fair amount.
You can't hear gunfire from a couple rooms away; And if you're not playing attention, someone in the same room can get a few free hits if they are stealthy enough.

D'oh. Posted before I did.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:54:57 am by Rodney 1.666 »
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 04:53:41 am »

I will say this, in any decent size map I cant hear shots from mid-long distance by a silencer (runway,cradle) unless they are hitting the environment. Nothing is going to be pure silence theres always going to be a tip off if you are sharp to your surroundings.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 04:54:02 am »

While on the subject, will the Silver and Gold PP7 have a silenced version?

Either way, thanks for the information, now I need to go split some atoms articles.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 04:57:12 am »

Yes silenced weapons are separate weapons entirely just like GE64

I still disagree with this decision, as it was easier to navigate through our weapon selection the other way.

As you can see I don't get everything my way. Lol
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 05:03:35 am »

Hmm... Both ways have their perks.
I've gotten used to the alternate fire, myself. It's easier in all respects.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 05:07:35 am »

Silenced weapons give you one major advantage: no tracers.  Granted, that means you don't get an aiming hint when you fire unsighted, but it is very difficult to figure out where fire is coming from when you don't see any tracers whizzing by.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 05:42:23 am »

Very nice update! And thanks, Major, for announcing the update in game. The MP5K (Or D5K as its known in the GE universe) looks amazing. Those were always one of my favorite submachine guns in the original. I'm not too in love with the splitting of the alternate fire/silencers. I have gotten used to it, so it'll be different to go back to how it was. That being said, I do understand your decision because your mission is to recreate the integrity of the original GE64. So, seperate guns they will remain.

Keep up the updates.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 08:05:37 am »

If I recall, the silencer wasn't silver, it was just shiny.  Either way, we're just recycling the PP7-S silencer for now.  Here's how Silenced D5K made it into Beta 3:

your missing part where tex was like "hey spider Texture the silencer" and iwas like "yo send it to me" then he did.. so i did and blamo its in game and stuff.

and the silencer is black not sliver.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up