GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 04:44:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Half-Life 2 only?  (Read 6990 times)

ShadeX

Half-Life 2 only?
« on: January 14, 2009, 03:31:33 am »

Okay, I was searching on you tube for a few cool source mods, and I noticed GE:S, and it seemed like heaven since one of my favorite games of all time is on one of my favorite engines of all time! One problem: I don't own HL2, and I noticed that some other HL2 mods are compatible with other source games such as TF2, CS:S, and DoD:S, which I have! I was simply wondering if GE:E was compatible with multiple source games like a few other HL2 mods.(mods including insurgency or zombie panic source) And if GE:S isn't compatible with CS:S or TF2 or something, do you think you would be able to make GE:S compatible with any other source games?

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Half-Life 2 only?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:38:16 am »

I asked a similar question a while back.

You need a source based game purchased. Nothing more, nothing less. GES do not share any file with CSS or HL2; it's a mod based on the source sdk base.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:39:02 am »

As long as you have one source game you can run ges. It uses source sdk base (check your tools tab in steam) as "the game" it runs from which is included with every source game.

ShadeX

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:26:39 pm »

Thank god! I will install NOW!
PS: Is this the same for every source mod?

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:23:09 am »

Yes.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:55:00 am »

Yes.
Are you sure? Some mods share materials with the game, instead of just using the SDK. I know that Black Mesa Source had the requirements of both Half-Life 2 and Counter Strike: Source, but now with the switch to the Orange Box engine, any Source game will do.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 01:02:25 am »

Kinda like GE:S?

Its a mutual relationship ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 01:31:07 am »

Thank god! I will install NOW!

It is not the same for every source mod but most mods should work fine. Some choose to use content of source games (which you will need that source game) but most dont.
Pages: [1]   Go Up