GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 14, 2024, 12:15:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How goes it everyone?  (Read 11080 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: How goes it everyone?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 03:57:39 am »

sizes of 8 would be optimal, I would say 14-16 at the most for the larger maps

EDIT: My input doesn't matter I only code and don't play tournaments :-P
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:40:06 am by killermonkey »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 03:59:05 am »

I dont think the team should recommend anything, because internally for instance many ppl who believe 8 is a large amount for even deathmatch gameplay. I think they are askew to say that. So basically if you asked this question to each dev member you would get ranges from 4v4 (they'd consider that extremely high) up to 8v8 <-- (me) as an optimal number

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 04:08:45 am »

I'm in the 3v3 camp.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 11:15:52 am »

IMO it depends on the map which is played.
e.g. in beta 1 maps you can have 16+ people on Facility_classic without problem but the same amount of ppl on Facility Frontzone will result in a spawnkill orgy.
But i think most admins can decide by themself which server setup will be the best choice. So if the server is limited to 8-12 ppl the mapcycle should prefere smaller maps and if it's up to 24 ppl it will be a good idea to prefere big maps.
I don't know much about the server admin stuff but it should be possible to write a server script which makes the mapvote related to the playercount, so if there are 16+ ppl the next map will be choosen out of the big ones.
Maybe it can also start a vote for a bigger/smaller map in midgame, e.g. there are 3 ppl at the start on a round it's a small map and everything is ok. after a few minutes 9 ppl have joined and the map is crowded well.
The server starts a question vote, change to a bigger map <Yes> <No>, so it's still up to the ppl.
The midgame mapchange could be arranged that way:
facility frontzone (10+ ppl) >> Facility Backzone (16+ ppl) >> Facility (full)
Stack/Basement (12+ ppl) >> Library
maps without a conterpart >> another big map (mapvote?)

But i think this is a task for a server admin (isn't it, B@d?)

Bloodix

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bloodix has no influence.
    • Greg The Gamer
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 09:06:34 pm »

well, i guess ill ask again when Beta 3 gets released.
Part of the original level editor team during the Alpha era | 2005. I created the original Cradle map.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up