GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 09:34:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fast Character  (Read 6183 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Fast Character
« on: December 15, 2008, 04:42:38 am »

Will certain characters in Beta 3 have different speed settings, similar to how Jaws and Odd Job are with their height? I don't mean as fast as the sprint is in Half-Life 2, but a slight advantage.

A way it could work would be a small sprint option, at the cost of your body armor. Another way this could work could be the character would walk slower normally, but have a sprint that when it runs out, takes a while to refill.

A second option I thought of would be a slightly faster character with lower health, and a slightly slower character with higher health. Another one for the slow character would be to have him be a guard character, and when he starts or responds, he has body armor.

I know these options might seem silly, but something simple like this (Might not be simple to code) could spice up a round. Lastly, is there any upside to playing as Jaws? I can't think of any upside to being a bigger walking target.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Fast Character
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 04:48:59 am »

Paragraph 1) Speed is constant.
Paragraph 2) NO. Put down the crackpipe and go back to HL2DM.
Paragraph 3) Go back to Ghost Recon.
Paragraph 4) It doesn't spice up anything, it just throws in a bunch of complications that have no business in a nearly-perfectly designed FPS game.  Also, because someone wants to play as Jaws.  Also, he's camoflauged on Runway, blending in with all that snow...
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:04:21 am »

jaws is about the same size in GES so theres really not to big of a size diffrence between the characters.

one thing you have to think about when your designing a game, is what is your core value for the game. and for us it was remaking GE64 as though Rare were making the game today. so that means some slight additions here and there but big alterations to game play like player speed and damage changes the game to much from the original.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 12:42:11 pm »

Funny ideas :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up