GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 08:35:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: this is a moot point but  (Read 7066 times)

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
this is a moot point but
« on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:55 pm »

They are called suppressors not silencers. There is no such thing as a silencer in real life (although one law refers to them as that). But I guess the original game referred to them as silenced and that is more important then gun nerd arguments. but was the "silenced" versions of guns on GE64 really less accurate? that throws off years of gameplay theory of mine wow..
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: this is a moot point but
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:31:27 pm »

But I guess the original game referred to them as silenced and that is more important then gun nerd arguments.
Yea.

but was the "silenced" versions of guns on GE64 really less accurate? that throws off years of gameplay theory of mine wow..
Not sure about the accuracy, should be as good as the regular one IMO, but the demage is slightly lower.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:19:55 pm »

Dammit kraid, you need to put sarcasm tags around comments like that or someone might actually think you were speaking about GE007's actual behaviors.

Silenced weapons in Goldeneye suffer an accuracy penalty, but no damage reduction.  They also say PEW PEW PEW.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 09:17:29 pm »

and are very serious. VERY SERIOUS.
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:20:37 am »

They are called suppressors not silencers. There is no such thing as a silencer in real life (although one law refers to them as that). But I guess the original game referred to them as silenced and that is more important then gun nerd arguments. but was the "silenced" versions of guns on GE64 really less accurate? that throws off years of gameplay theory of mine wow..

Depends where you are from. We call them silencers here in auz.

Edit: I just realized this guy has been banned from the forums so im locking this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up