GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 11:59:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye Source IRC Channel?  (Read 7228 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
GoldenEye Source IRC Channel?
« on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:35 pm »

Right now, I have a IRC channel for GoldenEye Source up, but it is not registered.

Server: irc.undernet.org
Channel: #GESource
Port: 6667

If people think it is a good idea, I will need 10 supporters in order to get it registered. Currently, if the channel is left un-attended, it will reset, and things like topic and admin will be lost, and will have to be reset by the next user.

So, what does everyone think of this idea? It can help people ask simple questions without using the forum, and people can organize matches.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
Re: GoldenEye Source IRC Channel?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 12:02:07 am »

I think we had an irc channel back in the day on GameSurge.  #ges I believe.  Anyway, it never really was a big hit.  A lot of idlers including myself, but not many regulars.  We do appreciate your server though :)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:06:17 am »

Hey, I'm for it
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:24:48 am »

If people started to adobt  it I'd be all down. Never really liked IRC but if people used it I'd be all down to jump in and flame some riots.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 12:52:00 am »

I think that IRC isn't worth it, but here's the Mibbit link for people who don't want to download mIRC.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:56:16 am by mbsurfer »

Cloppy

• Took an arrow to the knee
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cloppy has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 03:02:53 am »

I remember IRC use to be big on gamesurge... those were the days.. If i get back into IRC ill will surely idle
I used to be a developer once then i took an arrow to the knee
Pages: [1]   Go Up