GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 11:23:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some more questions  (Read 8542 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Some more questions
« on: December 18, 2008, 12:48:38 am »

1. Will there be a new texture on the pop machines, so that Dr. Breen Special Reserve can stay in the Half-Life universe?

2. Will the vents be easier to maneuver in Beta 3? I find that it is bumpy and awkward. Also when you die in one, you glitch into a standing pose. Has this been fixed?

3. In some levels, the music stops looping. Has or will this be fixed in Beta 3?

4. Will there be a safe time when you respawn, maybe like 3 seconds. I have had a few times when I died, then got shot at again. If not will there be a smarter system for respawing? I hate to reappear right beside my last killer.

5. Pashos suggested that the timed mines proximity mine could have the time be a random number. For instance, when you get close to one, it decides on a random amount of seconds to explode on. This way some people can avoid the blast. It would also help people complaining that the mines are a cheep kill.

And what are the chances that a mod could make a pinned topic for simple questions that don't deserve their own topic like the pop one?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:18:51 am by JcFerggy »

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: Some more questions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 01:04:18 am »

There is a safe time after respawning. And in fact, it is 3 seconds. This gives you time to nab a weapon and blast away. But if there's weapons upon spawning, and you fire, you're invincibility is up.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 01:10:50 am »

1) There gone and or remodeled

2) Yes they are

3) yes they too are looped and fixed

4) Yea there is already an implemented safe time of 3 seconds

5) Timed mines in fact take the most skill to use because you need to... time them, no they will not be a randomized time, it will have a set detonation of (I believe) 5 seconds

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 01:19:42 am »

Oops, for number 5, I actually meant Proximity Mines.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 06:25:54 am »

Yeah, timed mines are actually the hardest weapons to use in the entire game. ::) I never use them.
Pity. You'd think a grenade that clasps onto walls would be useful.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:34:35 am »

Yeah, timed mines are actually the hardest weapons to use in the entire game. ::) I never use them.
Pity. You'd think a grenade that clasps onto walls would be useful.

Sticky grenades? That was sooo The World Is Not Enough.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 10:47:36 pm »

and fuck halo

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 01:11:59 am »

We all know everyone was thinking Halo. ::)
First thing that came to my mind.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 01:22:02 am »

Nah, I was thinking TWINE. Those sticky grenades were fun.

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 01:29:10 am »

5. Pashos suggested that the timed mines proximity mine could have the time be a random number. For instance, when you get close to one, it decides on a random amount of seconds to explode on. This way some people can avoid the blast. It would also help people complaining that the mines are a cheep kill.

I don't really like that idea at all. For one thing, I'm a cheap bastard and I love throwing proxy mines around in hard to see places. For another, having random timers on there just seems strange. The whole idea is for it to explode the second something gets near enough to it. If sometimes it explodes when you're close to it, and sometimes it waits for you to walk away, it really defeats the whole purpose.

But, I do think the system could be improved. If you have this many players running around, coating the place in proximity mines, nothing's ever gonna get done. I think they may be a little too easy to come across. How many do you get out of a box? 10 or so? And each one is an almost guaranteed kill. And then look at rocket launchers -you get one rocket in a box, you have to hunt down the enemy yourself, you have to have an open area, they have to be a good distance away, and they have to stand still for a couple seconds. And that's not even a guaranteed kill. I think proxy mines might have to go the same way (one to a box), to account for the larger number of players, so we're not always blowing up everytime we run through a door.

JcFerggy

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 03:06:05 am »

Maybe the proximity mines could have an overall timer, so after a minute of two, they explode on their own, so people cant camp in a area protected by them.

Also, I've found a strategy in Facility, where you get the proximity mines, throw one down the maitence tunnel, one at the metal door, and one in the middle of the hall, then you hide at the bottom of the stairs. After the mines respawn, I go throw another one at the closed door by the stairs, and then camp there. Most people will die because of the mines, and if I ever need to leave the area, I have the room with the broken door. Because this is soo cheap, I was wondering if the mines could be moved to the top if the stairs in one of the tank rooms, so it won't be in a main area.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 04:40:25 am »

Maybe the proximity mines could have an overall timer, so after a minute of two, they explode on their own, so people cant camp in a area protected by them.

Also, I've found a strategy in Facility, where you get the proximity mines, throw one down the maitence tunnel, one at the metal door, and one in the middle of the hall, then you hide at the bottom of the stairs. After the mines respawn, I go throw another one at the closed door by the stairs, and then camp there. Most people will die because of the mines, and if I ever need to leave the area, I have the room with the broken door. Because this is soo cheap, I was wondering if the mines could be moved to the top if the stairs in one of the tank rooms, so it won't be in a main area.

I've seen this exact thing before. Except that one guy had come into the server, and planted about 2 mines at every spawn position, in the maintenance tunnel, and in the main hallway. I couldn't take two steps without getting blown up.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 06:05:17 am »

This is fixed with spawn invuln...

As for the mines there will be a hard cap of 10 mines thrown per person. If you throw an 11th mine, then your first one gets removed (not blown up)
Pages: [1]   Go Up