GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 01:22:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Release date of GE:s Beta 3  (Read 34013 times)

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
Re: Release date of GE:s Beta 3
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 09:49:24 am »

TBH i think i can speak for the whole team on this, for us its not about the fans haha. fans are a bonus for the project, but we just really want to play an updated version of golden eye. its the teams passion to play this dream game that keeps us going.

Understood :/ Quick question will you guys be playing in public servers when you release the mod ? If possible i'd change your names, the many many months of constant waiting is going to create an angry mob of people that will make your playing experience a frustrating one. Or maybe i'm just relating that to myself :/

God i love changing the mood.

Last post from me until the release, i'll be looking for you devs in game :/

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 12:45:35 pm »

I just do it because it's a fun project, I love goldeneye and it's a nice portfolio booster, to say it's not about the fans though isn't entirely true. It always good to know that something we're making is actually being anticipated by somebody else. Obviously if we were working in a professional studio or had some sort of financial backing to be working on this full time I would jump on that no problem, it's just that the reality is all of us have to do things (work, school) that allow us to continue working on this project. It is super fucking rad to have so many people enjoy what we're doing, we're just unable to cater to public demands simply because development is "when we can".

So thanks for stickin with us
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

monkeyface

• Agent
  • monkeyface has no influence.
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 11:08:11 am »

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You keep calling these kind of bits unimportant and too-small-to-mention-props, personally I'd love some weekly updates with these kind of pictures. That is what I can say from a personal standpoint, I don't know how other people would react to finished and skinned props as "news". If you find this kind of information more likely to be hurtful PR than a way of drumming up anticipation, I can accept that, all I know is that I, personally, would love those images on the front page. It's quality stuff.

If I got to fill up this position, I would squeeze every one of you for pictures, every week. And if I didn't have any real news, I'd make up some faux ones. Obviously those news posts would contain a lot of material that isn't written text, some might find my English charming, but I wouldn't rely on the words. Here are some I came up with right now: "The Top 3 ugliest models of the original N64 game", "Weapon comparisons", "Flowcharts of the original maps", "Will They Get Shut Down", "What do the music guy/coding guy/modelling guy/animation guy/texture guy/sound guy/mapping guy think about this/that", "Other inspirations than the original game", "Best and worst ideas", "Dwayne, the butt-head guard", "The new Bond game will suck, therefore, download this mod instead", etc etc etc . Before the release of each news post I'd ask one of you the green it first. That is what I think should be done on the official home page, of course there's always more to do when it comes to PR.

In relation to first topic, this is a wallpaper that'd be posted:

It's nothing big, but it is original content, it's somewhat humorous, it would relate to the original game as well as the mod. "Why was Dwayne in the original game, will he be in the new one, will Natalya, also a notoriously ugly character in the original game, look good in the new one?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:10:34 am by monkeyface »

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2008, 12:33:15 pm »

Jeuss si need to stop drinknking whiskey. Thi picture os dqwyane sis too mcuh for me
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 12:34:48 pm »

also nossda, natalyas will be hot as fuck because i already madeedad heer and shes is hot, so theres. expect an media leeks coming soon because ty=ou hurt my feelings

bonno no more whiskeys

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 12:36:31 pm »

Biody, so suc k it epicss win

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2008, 12:37:57 pm »

and her's some early werkss high poly

and here's some early works out of maya
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:43:10 pm by Loafie, Hero of Dreams »

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2008, 10:17:52 pm »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nice boobs

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2008, 12:21:34 am »

Yay... I dunno why, but I alway wanted to play as Natalya.

... she's not sexy as Xenia but hey...
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2008, 01:55:44 am »

Hell, I never found the ge64 Natalya to be sexy at all (or even how Izabella Scorupco looked in the movie for that matter) but this model looks great with the modernized clothing and look... great work!

If you guys can make Natalya look this good, I can only imagine what Xenia would look like...

And the funny thing is that I'm saying this before I've even seen the head portion
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2008, 02:27:10 am »

Those are really old screenshots of natalya (15 months?), he is drunk while posting those screen until his last post LOL <3 you loaf. Maybe i think loaf should be banned from posting when on the whiskey >.>

" omgfgzz yuo giys her is reopistory detalies!!@!2 thissei is madie fo WIM!!!!! :D "

Expect much hotter and refined natalya in the game itself. I know hes got betta

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 02:59:46 am »

at least he was drunk posting and not drunk dailing.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

monkeyface

• Agent
  • monkeyface has no influence.
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 11:39:17 am »

This thread turned quickly from great to even greater. Lovely model, wouldn't hesitate for a second to include it in a news post. It's quite interesting to see how good you are, both your models and your maps are really something.

As I think you know (with IP logging and all that), I was a trial member before, I think my nick was Jahakob or something similar, I made a Connery face and a sauna which wasn't finished. The reason that I left is not because of that misunderstood joke but I felt that the quality of my work wasn't up to par with the rest of the team. It isn't about critique, critique and criticism is very important to me. If you think I can be of use, PM me about it. As there is no "news writer" positions to apply for, it's up to you to scan the surroundings for interested individuals. I am interested, now you now. In the future I may apply for something more obvious, like prop modeler, but not right now. And in my defense, I have visited this forum continuously since I found it, I never really left.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2008, 07:28:36 pm »

fuck me i am never drinking again.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2008, 01:16:14 am »

fuck me i am never drinking again.
Ya, next time, smoke.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up