GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 04:36:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam Now Hosting Mods  (Read 8431 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Steam Now Hosting Mods
« on: September 27, 2008, 09:32:44 am »

"As a part of our continuing efforts to support the MOD community, we will begin hosting selected MODs directly on Steam starting next week. The first five MODs to ship on steam will be Age of Chivalry, D.I.P.R.I.P., Insurgency, Synergy, and Zombie Panic. As always, owners of any Source game will be able to download and play all of these MODs for free.

Once installed, these MODs will appear in your "My Games" list and will receive automatic updates just like other games on Steam. Also, these MODs now take advantage of Steamworks, which provides stat tracking and tighter integration with the Steam community.

We're excited to see MOD developers get wider recognition for the hard work they have done, and we hope to support more MOD teams in the future. Watch for the official release next week!"

Goldeneye:Source maybe...hmmmm.....*Wink Wink* ;)

http://storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/1843/
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: Steam Now Hosting Mods
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 10:00:48 am »

Dude, I just saw that, and wanted to start a thread here. Your faster than me :P.

"will receive automatic updates just like other games on Steam. Also, these MODs now take advantage of Steamworks, which provides stat tracking and tighter integration with the Steam community."

If GES uses this, that would be awesome. Good way to get more players on beta 3, and bring back the GES community :)

-updates streamlined. woot.
-steamwork (achievements, stats). woot.

heres steamworks for paid game. Think it's gonna be more or less the same for mods... Yet another bit of code to add to the mod. haha.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:10:00 am by Doc.NO »

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:05:57 pm »

We can't be recognized by companies due to copyright reasons. Which is why we are never recognized in any steam updates besides the one around alpha. It is just better for our mod to fly under the radar until everything is finished and out the door.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:47:31 pm »

This is live since less than an hour. All I can say is... if ges can use this, that would be fucking awesome. Could bring a shitload of fresh meat.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:49:56 pm by Doc.NO »

diesal11

• you know how they say "the grass is greener on the other side"? well I forgot to water that shit
  • Agent
  • diesal11 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 01:12:52 pm »

We can't be recognized by companies due to copyright reasons. Which is why we are never recognized in any steam updates besides the one around alpha. It is just better for our mod to fly under the radar until everything is finished and out the door.
what copyright reasons and are you saying that when the mod is finished there wont be any updates

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 09:38:18 pm »

what copyright reasons and are you saying that when the mod is finished there wont be any updates

no we aren't saying it wont be supported, it will. but when the mod is finished, we will have accomplished our goal, which is what really matters to the team. doing the updates and stuff, that's just minor upkeep for the project.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 11:06:47 am »

what copyright reasons

What copyright reasons?

The game is copyrighted, the characters are copyrighted, the NAME is copyrighted, mostly all by different companies.

Those copyright reasons.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 06:12:01 am »

any one of nintendo, eon, activision, microsoft, and mgm could fuck us with a ten ton ban hammer. mgm already laid the smack down the to stargate mod. so yes, we prefer to keep it low key.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:15:47 am by Loafie, Hero of Dreams »
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up