GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 06:11:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PeTA is doing it wrong again  (Read 6844 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
PeTA is doing it wrong again
« on: November 27, 2008, 10:42:06 pm »

Cooking Mama, The Unauthorized PeTA Edition.

Man, I played the game, and I enjoyed it, I really did, but what was the point? Most older people will laugh at PeTA's attempt to convert us to vegetarians, but what about the younger kids who play Cooking Mama? Most would likely feel bad that they are eating meat. I'm not saying that eating meat is the way for everyone, but their tactic is to scare the kids into it.

It is a shame though, the engine the flash game uses could have been put to WAY better use.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: PeTA is doing it wrong again
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:57:09 pm »

The younger kids are their target.
They want them to feel bad.
Scare tactics have worked for the church, for politicians, and for cultists for hundreds of years. This is nothing new.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 11:01:04 pm »

Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:53:09 pm »

My son will be slaughtering and eating deer with a .30-06 before he gets out of diapers. I'm not raising a sissy ass faggot vegan girly boy. There scare tactics do not work in this house, end of discussion.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 12:21:59 am »

make sure you beat him with it when he misses!!!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 12:53:38 am »

My son will be slaughtering and eating deer with a .30-06 before he gets out of diapers. I'm not raising a sissy ass faggot vegan girly boy. There scare tactics do not work in this house, end of discussion.

You mean "their"

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:39:31 am »

My favorite part of the game was when I basted the tofu turkey with MSG

It doesn't matter what PETA puts on the internet, its all funny BS anyway and kids will eat whatever their parents put in front of them even turkeys with guts flowing out of them?? Ah well I am going to back to munching on my beef jerky

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:51:32 am by killermonkey »

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 04:14:04 am »

i ate an entire ecosystem last night
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 09:19:26 am »

if only plants tasted like animals, then i might be able to side with peta a little bit.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 12:07:23 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for animal rights and stuff, but there is a difference between torturing an animal and telling me if if me and my own god damn children can't have a ham sandwhich or not.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 05:36:34 pm »

Agreed.
It's easy to see where a group is coming from, but often they take things way too far.
Case in point, the subject of this thread.

Going to quote that in my signature if that's alright. =)
(Minus the odd typos. I don't think those even count as typos. ::))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 05:39:45 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 06:05:58 pm »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 04:50:19 pm »

hahahahaha

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 07:02:47 am »

Knew that was going to come up. ::)
Saw that one some time ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up