GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 10:22:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Main menu  (Read 7283 times)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
The Main menu
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:03:10 pm »

Alright, so the first time i lauched Goldeneye Source a few months ago, I was initially disappointed by how the menu looked, since it's just a plain 2D background with a pp7. Are there any plans to make the menu a 3D dossier like the N64 game? If so, i may be able to help, as I've already started a simple map where the menu background is a couple simple func_detail brushes, in the shape of the dossier from the N64 game, with the CREATE SERVER and the other options lined up with the folder. I was also making a bunch of custom textures for it, so that it resembles the N64, but with that wonderful "Source" look everyone loves. However, if it couldn't be used for anything or wasn't even going to be looked at, I wasn't going to finish it. I also have the original menu music from the N64 game, but I'm only using it as a placeholder until I can either make my own music or find something in the OST that fits.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
Re: The Main menu
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:09:59 pm »

At the original time of the last release in mods you could not use a background map only a flat background texture.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

irfman

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • irfman is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:17:07 pm »

It would be cool if you loaded up GE:S you get like a random background map with something going on for example in Control, you can have scientists walking around or on the computers and on Cradle, you can have the camera view on one of the pillars and have guards patrolling the area, it would give it that HL2 kinda feel but in a Goldeneye way

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:36:50 pm »

It would be cool if you loaded up GE:S you get like a random background map with something going on for example in Control, you can have scientists walking around or on the computers and on Cradle, you can have the camera view on one of the pillars and have guards patrolling the area, it would give it that HL2 kinda feel but in a Goldeneye way

I have been proposing facility FZ's bathroom staircase with the guards walkin up and down (like in the original map intro video). However, other DEVs say that it takes too long to load up., However on my rig it loads in 5 seconds, literally.

3.75GHZ
2gig DDR
6800Ultra

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 01:11:28 am »

Currently, the 3d dossier that I have now is a couple hundred kb, and has a total of abotu 15 brushes. :) It looks great to me, and takes about3 seconds to load on my 2.0GHz processor, with 1GB of DDR RAM, with a GeForce 6200...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: [1]   Go Up