GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 10:16:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Texture use request/question  (Read 6789 times)

Draven

Texture use request/question
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:05:26 am »

My friends convinced me to make The Stack for CS:S. At about the 90% complete mark, I found this mod and the fact that someone already did the Library. Talk about your morale killer.  I saw that there are about 4 nice textures that makes the level look perfect and I wanted to know if it was ok to use them in The Stack/Library for CS:S.  I would be releasing the map here along with other sites. 

Obviously I'm not selling this map or making any money off of it. I felt like it would be okay, because I would be doing the same thing that you guys made the textures for.  I would like to ask permission though, and ask who to credit.

I would be willing to work off my debt by mapping for the GE:S team, or helping any way I can.

Thanks,
Draven

PS. I will look later and see if it is possible to incorporate mines into the .bsp map file. If possible (to have prox mines in CS:S), I'll again ask permission to release.

Draven

Re: Texture use request/question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:44:40 am »

After further playing of ge_library_classic I am going to do this map for GE:S and CS:S.

There are some things I do not like in the current classic map ("hidden" doors not brighter, glass has frames and breaks on one hit, bad lighting in areas, etc.), so I'm going to finish the Stack and then convert it to GE:S. 

I'll browse around and see if there is a tutorial then post the beta map soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up