GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 07:28:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Silenced ZMG  (Read 17191 times)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Silenced ZMG
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:25:33 am »

Goldeneye:source is a recreation of the N64's game.

By recreating a game, you guys are porting the original maps, guns, characters, gameplay, etc. on the source engine, with a little update (more polyg., better text., ...) here and there.
Does it mean you have to add new content? If it's needed by the multiplayer conversion, like the new area in backzone, why not? But a new content that's not needed/that add nothing to the gameplay, like a new gun, will spoil the original game.

So where the hell did you found a silenced ZMG in the original game?

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
Re: Silenced ZMG
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:29:45 am »

I am all for any gun that in reality can physically have a silencer attached have that version (if possibly by a toggled by a dedicated key for any gun having that option), I think I used the silenced PP7 and D5K the most in the original solo player version as not to draw every guard. While their is not a solo player mode, if they are willing to go to the effort put it in, fantastic.

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
  • Jackred666 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:40:15 am »

It will fire faster in GoldenEye Source than the N64 classic.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 03:30:53 am »

The story is like this:

For Alpha, GES was using the HL2 death indicators which used a custom font for icons for weapons.  Whoever made it for GES smoked crack and stuck a silencer on ZMG.  Since no one before I joined the forums had any actual memory of Goldeneye 007, the icon was taken on face value, and the Church of the Silenced ZMG was founded.  Since then, the church's Zealots of Hey Why Not have been attaching silencers to ZMGs, making silencers togglable (which means you have two completely different guns from one pick-up) and using Silenced STFUkens against those who would speak against the church's teachings.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

MtM0201

• Secret Agent
  • MtM0201 has no influence.
    • my music
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 03:55:09 am »

The story is like this:

For Alpha, GES was using the HL2 death indicators which used a custom font for icons for weapons.  Whoever made it for GES smoked crack and stuck a silencer on ZMG.  Since no one before I joined the forums had any actual memory of Goldeneye 007, the icon was taken on face value, and the Church of the Silenced ZMG was founded.  Since then, the church's Zealots of Hey Why Not have been attaching silencers to ZMGs, making silencers togglable (which means you have two completely different guns from one pick-up) and using Silenced STFUkens against those who would speak against the church's teachings.

Wisely stated Viashino.

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:14:47 am »

Sorry for even bringing this question but why can't have two of the same weapons which is most of them in this mod like the game it's based on.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 05:16:52 am »

We haven't gotten that far.  It's been played with but only as a "make it look right" rather than a "make it work right" exercise.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 05:28:31 am »

Then tell me this with the mines will they be like how they were in GoldenEye or more like Perfect Dark.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 08:35:00 am »

Rolling explosions is on the to-do list.  I'm hoping for everything to be the same as Goldeneye, except for a few modifications to Proximity.  If they make Tazer Boy+ to my specificiations, Proxy will probably be the same as before, but without it, I've suggested a time-delay trigger so people who are aware of them can trip them and take cover, while anyone who isn't deliberately tricking them will be blasted.  This was half-ass implemented in Beta, which is why they chirp, but the timing and the fuse is all goofed up.

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:14:30 pm »

I see how better does Silenced ZMG shoot.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 07:59:21 pm »

In short: Not better.

When I configured my weapon behaviors, I strove to approximate all weapon accuracies to match Goldeneye 007.  As a rule of thumb, all Silenced weapons are less accurate than their unsilenced counterparts; Made Up Fantasy Weapons follow these Goldeneye 007 trends, per my configuration.

How the weapons have been fuddled with since then I cannot say, but it's clear from playing H that ZMG is using canon damage without canon invulnerability periods, same for pistols; while other weapons like KF7 appear to have been meddled with.

Jackred666

• Secret Agent
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 08:46:31 pm »

Cool keep up the good work.

crazychicken

• Agent
  • crazychicken is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 08:36:56 am »

The silenced zmg is fucking lame, replace it with the silenced deutch d5k . It ruins the feeling of playing goldeneye if you start altering the weapons to ones that aren't original

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 02:14:22 pm »

Yes, the feeling of GE:S is completely and utterly ruined by the fact that you can attach a 3 inch silencer to the ZMG and slightly change its sound. Woe is me, what have we done?

crazychicken

• Agent
  • crazychicken is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 04:18:22 pm »

Yeah it is, either port it properly or call it goldeneye 2 or some shit if youre going to change the guns
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up