GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 11:34:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Orange Box Mod Code released  (Read 12437 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Orange Box Mod Code released
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »

The Source SDK has been updated and is now available as a beta.

To run this beta version you will need to add -beta srcsdk0122 to your command line when you start Steam. This can be done by opening up the Windows shortcut you use to launch Steam and adding -beta srcsdk0122 right after Steam.exe.

Included in this release:

* Source code for creating mods based on Half-Life 2 : Episode Two
    * Engine version selection list in SDK UI
    * New lighting preview mode in Hammer
    * Fixes for crashes in Hammer

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646919

:O

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Orange Box Mod Code released
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:13:11 pm »

SO Lodle, does this mean that the team is going to transition to the new SDK before you guys release beta 1.5 since it is released now, or are you guys just going to save that beta 2. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 09:55:31 pm »

I think it simply means we will never see this beta 1.5... Beta 2 FTW!

WNxSauron

• Agent
  • WNxSauron has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:20:02 pm »

I think it simply means we will never see this beta 1.5... Beta 2 FTW!

Nono don't give them such bad ideas, another year without a release would be sad.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:26:14 pm »

Ya the team all updated to the beta but we will finish up what we are doing before pursuing the 2.0 release because there is a lot of stuff to do before we switch engines.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 05:55:21 am »

Wait...What? So  you updated to ep2 sdk and you are going to finish up to the 2.0 content so there will be no beta 1.5? NOOOO!

Grim

• Agent
  • Grim has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 06:01:44 am »

Wait...What? So  you updated to ep2 sdk and you are going to finish up to the 2.0 content so there will be no beta 1.5? NOOOO!

I think he means, finish up 1.5 then start the ep2 stuff.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 06:14:37 am »

Ya that's what I meant because there is going to be a lengthy transition from ep1 to ep2 engine. We are going to have to re-compile and convert all our textures, models, and maps to the ep2 engine versions. On top of that we will have to go through and see what code can be transferred from what we now have to the ep2 sdk code base. So we want to get a release out before we disappear for a few weeks getting everything transfered to the new engine.
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

CCsaint10

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 09:22:30 pm »

So Ryan,  Not trying to Pry (too much :) ) but when are you going to post that update you talked about in a different thread on that brand new spankin front page of yours. :)

CCsaint10

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 09:44:36 pm »

We are trying to get a few things finished up so we can show off more in the update. I also need to piece everything together what is going to be in it. I will probabily post a blog today kinda explaining the reason why it has been delayed. Basically I have been really busy with school and job stuff, as well as getting college applications filled out. I will probabily talk to scott tonight about it and see what we can do though.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 10:20:42 am »

We are trying to get a few things finished up so we can show off more in the update. I also need to piece everything together what is going to be in it. I will probabily post a blog today kinda explaining the reason why it has been delayed. Basically I have been really busy with school and job stuff, as well as getting college applications filled out. I will probabily talk to scott tonight about it and see what we can do though.
Can we get a size estimate? Or will it be just a mini-screenshots update.

CCsaint10

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 03:31:06 am »

well, can't wait for that update Ryan. Don't worry, take your time man I am just fooling around with you.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
    • My Site
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 06:02:48 am »

Sorry for no update I have not had anytime to work on it, but I have asked the team to work together on it since I have no time for it because of work, school, and some other things. They will have one put together soon explaining a lot for you guys. No particular date yet, we are piecing it together.

zerke2001

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 08:05:06 pm »

I would like to point out this is my first post! Yay, I love this game!!!

Anyways, I would love to make maps as I am trying to kill time as many of you are waiting for the next release.  I just got the SDK beta and I am completely stumped on the configuration for GE:S.  I scoured the tutorial on the Wiki but unfortunately that was before this new engine.  So if anyone has a clue as to how that is set up I would greatly appreciate it.  :D

Sonik

• Agent
  • Sonik has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 01:43:35 am »

Actually, what are the advantages of using the new SDK kit on the game itself? Improved graphics?

Modding noob here! :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up