GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 14, 2024, 09:47:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is The Multiplayer Community Active?  (Read 5856 times)

dookiebrown

Is The Multiplayer Community Active?
« on: January 22, 2008, 04:33:58 pm »

this is the 2nd half life 2 i have downloaded. the first one was dog shit and nobody was ever online .
 im just wondering will there be alot of servers and alot of ppl online when i install this?
  someone told me this game has died out since 2006 and not many people are online for multiplayer... so is that true?

also , how many people can be in one game? i know old school golden eye was only 4 players at once.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:41:06 pm by dookiebrown »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Is The Multiplayer Community Active?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 06:59:02 pm »

Well, beta 1 has been out for a little more then a year and has died down because it was a little buggy and there were a few game play issues that made it not as fun. Beta 1.5 however, is coming out sometime soon hopefully and that should be the return of many players. However, usually if you download goldeneye source beta 1 or beta 1.1h (unofficial), there is always a handful of people that play during certain times of the day. You just gotta keep checking. And the servers usually house about 10 people at max per game sometimes more or less. It is a fun mod man, along with a BUNCH of other ones. If you would like to know some other FANTASTIC mods, just pm me.
    I suggest downloading beta 1 and then patching it with the beta 1.1h patch that the developer Lodle made because it fixes many crucial bugs that made beta 1 difficult to enjoy. After you download beta 1, you can download the beta 1.1h patch here:  http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/topic,1331.0.html

Good luck and hope to see you in game man,

CCsaint10

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:42:41 pm »

There's always games goin'.

Nastradoomus

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:08:19 am »

I was just on and noones playing :(

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 12:15:18 am »

I was just on and it was a full server
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up