GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 03:53:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GE_Siberia  (Read 17983 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
GE_Siberia
« on: January 18, 2008, 06:34:15 pm »

Who was the creator of this BEAUTIFUL map. This map is like PERFECT! The only think that looks a little goofy is the inside of the tank where you get into bunker from surface. The inside is filled with water and a catwalk....not like goldeneye at all. Besides that TINY thing, that map HUGE and beautiful, I almost thought it was an official map release it was so good. Anybody know how made this amazing version of surface?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: GE_Siberia
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:06:59 pm »

Luchador is the very talented creator of this map :)

murdog

• Agent
  • murdog has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:26:07 pm »

Although it's a great looking map, I find the playability to be very poor actually. Everyone basically congregates at the main satellite building, and it's even worse when there's one person camping the top with a Golden/Silver PP7. Perhaps it'll be better in 1.5 with the weapon set, here's to hoping since I really liked the map on GE64.

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:50:39 pm »

You're right about the giant bunker vent, bklax. It makes no sense that there would be water at the bottom of a ventilation vent. The only reason it has water now is because in ge64 there's some blue stuff at the bottom. I'll take that out and make it look more like a giant ventilation duct. 

As for murdog, sorry about the gameplay. I promise it will get much better just by changing the weapon sets and getting the hit registration working right. I'll release a new version for 1.5 (whatever year that may come out) that has more rocks and things for better cover too.

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:03:39 pm »

I think its a fantastic map. I think the gameplay will stay the same no matter what, as the satellite is the most prominent feature in the map. The weapons being spawned will only lead to having to run across the entire map for your favorite gun before the long haul to the satellite. Either way I love the map, keep up the great work.

If the sniper rifle gets an added boost, that will indeed change the gameplay on the map.

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:14:18 pm »

The only thing about it is that its a bit too shiny. When you play it a few times, it starts to grow on you and it's really not bad. I agree the gameplay will be the same unless maybe if it gets smaller but I think its pretty fun. You just have to be good at shooting from long distance.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 10:33:48 pm »

Everyone basically congregates at the main satellite building, and it's even worse when there's one person camping the top with a Golden/Silver PP7.

So you don't like the playability of the server. Do not accuse the map for that. Play it on the beta 1.1 without gun on player spawn, and you'll see it's a fantastic map.

sorry about the gameplay
Nah, don't. The gameplay is perfect for lots of players.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:45:08 pm by Doc.NO »

Sonik

• Agent
  • Sonik has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 10:39:20 pm »

Nah, don't. The gameplay is perfect for lots of players.

Oh yeah!!!  ::)

As for the map, it's one of my favs. A lot of place to run, lots of trees to hide. and if people gather around the main building, what the heck, it doesn't make the map boring!

For the sniper, like you said Educator,  i'd like a boost so it would get on par with the other guns. IMO, maybe if a sniper headshot would result in immediate death, it may be nice.

FlyBMXer4130

• Grammar Nazi
  • Secret Agent
  • FlyBMXer4130 has no influence.
    • My Face
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 01:08:07 am »

...I find the playability to be very poor actually. Everyone basically congregates at the main satellite building, and it's even worse when there's one person camping the top with a Golden/Silver PP7. Perhaps it'll be better in 1.5 with the weapon set, here's to hoping since I really liked the map on GE64.

I disagree, I personally find it to be one of the better played maps in GE:S; partially because you can actually utilize just about every weapon you have instead of just machine gun running or mine throwing crap.  But then again, maybe if you're a CS:S/HL2 kind of person you wouldn't like it/you suck.

All in all I think the map is great to play and will only get better as more play.

irfman

• Secret Agent
  • irfman is looked down upon.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 02:58:56 pm »

I haven't of this map till now, anyone got any screens? or I might just find a server with it running.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 03:06:41 pm »

I haven't of this map till now, anyone got any screens?

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 04:00:05 pm »

irfman

• Secret Agent
  • irfman is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 05:02:39 pm »

wow that looks really cool.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 01:33:04 am »

Luchador...again..AMAZING map. Thank you for your amazing mapping skills. I can't wait to see what other maps you might possibly make in the future. I almost thought I missed the beta 1.5 release because I thought it was official.

Lax

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

trezza

• Agent
  • trezza has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 04:45:02 am »

I liked it  :D
when i was young i used to think there was a character named oddjaw, a combination between jaws and oddjob
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up