GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 08:12:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the difference using the silencer version of guns?  (Read 6717 times)

TrainerAbu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TrainerAbu has no influence.
What's the difference using the silencer version of guns?
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:11:19 am »

I get different responses when I ask random people in the game.  One person said that the silencer versions is WEAKER, but makes a "cool noise" to make up for it @_@.

What's the difference using the silencer version of guns?

p.s. In the future, there should be some levels and weapons from Perfect Dark's multiplayer..  I loved that Grid level and a bunch of others with a passion, it had some awesome guns like the Laptop Gun or whatever that turned into a turret, and "Perfect Dark: Source" doesn't seem a thing like PD64 to me @_@.

Sonik

• Agent
  • Sonik has no influence.
Re: What's the difference using the silencer version of guns?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:55:35 pm »

I do believe from my (short) experience that silenced guns are a litlle bit weaker but I feel that they produce less recoil, hence a better targeting. But I may be wrong.  ::)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:35:29 pm »

Speaking from Goldeneye canon, Silenced weapons are less accurate and make pew pew sounds.  Damage values are unaffected.   Certain Parties seem to think we need to make silencers togglable, which negates important details such as the fact that in Goldeneye 007 multiplayer, all PP7s were silenced EXCEPT for the PP7 in Golden Gun Scenario, which had the highly accurate PP7 unsilenced.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:55:56 pm »

interesting, from what I know in reality a silencer does the opposite. Makes the bullet go slower but more accurately.

but its goldeneye soo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up