GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 09:36:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I NEED HELP PLEASE!  (Read 8899 times)

jssi_03

I NEED HELP PLEASE!
« on: December 03, 2007, 06:53:19 am »

Hello all,

I just registered today (LOVE THIS MOD! will vote for it everyday till it wins best MOTY)

I have a question that you may all have answered in the past but like I said i'm new and I didn't browse through all of the forums yet. So in advance i'm sorry if you have seen this before, but....

WHERE IN THE WORLD DO I GET MORE MAPS! lol I have looked everywhere... it's like I am the only without them...

I only have the maps that came with the release "beta 1" and have not seen a newer release or anything.  Earlier today I ran my own server from my computer (I don't have the money to run a dedicated one), and people were asking if I could change the map to the Bunker map.... I never knew there was such a map. Then I seen it! I went to find servers with people on them and it said that the map was the Bunker map... and IT DID NOT LET ME DOWNLOAD!!! OMG I was soo SAD! :( :( I love that map. Just today my cousins and I who are big GE fans busted out the N64 and played but we all want to play GE: Source. It was fun for a while till we got bored of the same old maps... Actually we are not big fans of a lot of the maps that came with the release of beta 1... no offense :P They are REALLY! GOOD MAPS and we loved them but not the same without the Bunker map. We wanted it soo much but neither one of us could FULLY connect to the server with the map/maps... the server did change maps and they were maps that we did not have :( and... could not get (maybe it's just our computers?)

SO PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! Let me know where I can DOWNLOAD newer maps.... thank you guys for making such an AWSOME AND TRUE REMAKE OF THE GAME!!  I can't thank you guys enough.. oh and who cares about single player the fun of GE was in the multiplayer anyways.. that is what made the game soo great! and you guys made that experience happen all over again... GAMES ARE FUN AGAIN cause of you guys!

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 08:49:35 am »

The official version of Bunker hasn't been released yet. I know there's a community made version out there on the internet somewhere, but I couldn't tell you where to find that one.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 09:34:29 am »

it said that the map was the Bunker map... and IT DID NOT LET ME DOWNLOAD!!!

It's impossible: source servers send you the map automaticly if you dont have it.

Have a look over the WIKI: ge_bunker_stinky2 be sure to d/l the stinky2 one since stinky1 was for the alpha.

jssi_03

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 06:50:51 pm »

That link you gave wants me to pay to download it... it's a free download is it not? So why should I pay for something that is free? Aslo, i'm not just going to give them my card number for a free download lol.... they will just send me stupid crap that I don't want. GRRRRRR why cant there be a free way of getting free things? :P

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »

That link you gave wants me to pay to download it... it's a free download is it not? So why should I pay for something that is free? Aslo, i'm not just going to give them my card number for a free download lol.... they will just send me stupid crap that I don't want. GRRRRRR why cant there be a free way of getting free things? :P
Did you notice the button that clearly says "Free" on it? Click that and wait 0.8 minutes.

jssi_03

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:35:52 am »

OH lol hehe ... ummmm ... :P y bad

Thank you! I did not see that before :P :P :P :P :P

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:16:29 am »

It's impossible: source servers send you the map automaticly if you dont have it.
If a server is misconfigured it won't serve maps. Most server admins will set up an HTTP server for files, and if the file isn't on there you're SOL.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1]   Go Up