GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:51:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: blog 28-11-07  (Read 26631 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: blog 28-11-07
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 04:20:59 pm »

The spin camera was only used for initial spawn -- so what we need is basically UT's "Touranment" mode, that required all players who were in the server at mapload to signal Ready before the game started, until a time limit (10 or 15 seconds I think) elapsed.  That'd be good because it would give time for slow loaders to get in and fast loaders like me can fiddle with name and model selection.  Then, all the players who are ready when the setup timer elpases or all tag ready would get the spin camera on the initial spawn.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 10:29:25 pm »

They have the same kind of thing in CS:S, load time for 10-15 seconds where anything scored doesn't count and then the round restarts, but it's different from what ViaC is talking about because it's not everyone who's just connected to the server.
Basically:
Round 0 - Load round where nothing matters and lasts 10-15 seconds
Round 1 - Everyone fully loaded and on the map spawns

This means that you don't need to wait for everyone who's just connected to the server to be ready for the round to start.

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 05:11:38 am »

The spin camera was only used for initial spawn -- so what we need is basically UT's "Touranment" mode, that required all players who were in the server at mapload to signal Ready before the game started, until a time limit (10 or 15 seconds I think) elapsed.  That'd be good because it would give time for slow loaders to get in and fast loaders like me can fiddle with name and model selection.  Then, all the players who are ready when the setup timer elpases or all tag ready would get the spin camera on the initial spawn.

Yes.

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 04:31:44 am »

Yes.
We could also have a vote for settings so that it'd be just like old times where we would decide as a group what to play. License to kill, facility, etc.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 05:50:25 am »

why dont we have a tf2 style 30 sec counter waiting for players then as soon as thats over animation then spawn.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 06:23:06 am »

That's pretty much the same thing, except the UT method would start the game as soon as everyone tagged in.  A standardised timer would be fine too; less coding that way.

A way to rock-the-vote to change the scenario would be nice.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 07:31:29 am »

admin and vote methods arnt normally made by the game coders due to the fact that every one wants x added and they need to spend time on the game not extras. But im happy to provide help if any one wants to make a pluggin (metamod).

DaDude

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DaDude has no influence.
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 06:13:59 am »

Few things to note with this:

In Single player, it's slow, like the current speed. But in multiplayer, the spin is a lot faster.
To go into the "head", fade the character out to the player, if possible. During this time, make him invincible and invisible to other players?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up