GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 02:37:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ten Quick Suggestions  (Read 13553 times)

Skunk

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Skunk has no influence.
Ten Quick Suggestions
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »

Hey guys! I freaking LOVE the mod! It's definitely one of the best out there! As a huge fan of the original Goldeneye I flipped when I saw this on moddb.com and had to get it immediately.

After playing it by myself (because no one was on the servers) and with some friends watching me we came to these top three suggestions that have to be added to the game. I mean if these three suggestions were made at least one of my friends would buy HL2 simply to have this mod. That's how important these suggestions are to us.
1. I tried out some old tricks of mine from the original game and found one in particular to be missing and it happened to be one of my favorites.. Proximity Mines rely on a player being within their proximity whereas in the game you could trick a proxy to go off by throwing another proxy at it. Try to see if you can get that to work.
2. GE_ArchivesClassic, nuff said. :)
3. License To Kill mode aka "One Hit Kills" because it was our favorite play mode.

Those are my top three. Mainly because our favorite game to play was License To Kill, Proximity Mines, Archives\Facility. Facility Classic is already there (and twice as big now! We liked that).

These last seven are mainly extras we'd like to see, but aren't really all that important to us. Just thoughts we had.
4. Extra play modes not in the original game, like the ones in such games as Counterstrike (Demolition, Hostage, etc.) and Halo (Juggernaut, Oddball, etc.)
5. More abuse of Source features. I can't pick up test tubes and throw them at people. Why?
6. No teams. Why do we have to be on teams? That should be a play mode, not a requirement.
7. Unless I missed it while playing: Dual weapons. Include the "different duals" glitch as well if you can, just don't make it a glitch of course.
8. Extra Bond related things, like The Moonraker Base as a level or The Pen Bomb or a skin of Daniel Craig.
9. Remix the "Q Watch" theme from the game and use it for the title screen. That song has always rocked.
10. Train as a level. Not Train Classic, mind you. A remake of Train.

Thanks in advance for reading my suggestions! I can't wait to hear from you guys!

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: Ten Quick Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:43:19 pm »

3.  This is already halfway in the beta, it just takes a trick to get it to work.  We will definitely have all the game modes in the final. 

4.  I think adding stuff like that would make it a new game, and we are trying to recreate goldeneye here.  It doesn't really fit with the theme. 
5. Cause we are lazy :P.  Actually we are just trying to make a playable game atm, stuff like that is implemented when we have time.
7.  I think the current consensus is that almost every weapon will be dualable, however mix and match has too many balance and gameplay issues that make it a bad idea.  Most likely when we release the final version, individual modders could add this functionality. 
8.  Once we get the main game done, we will have a chance to work on stuff like this. 
10.  Already in the pipeline. 

I only answered the questions I have knowledge about, thanks for playing :)
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Skunk

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:21:05 pm »

3. Played on a server today with some others that was LTK. Annoyed the hell out of someone with proxies. <3
4. Just as well. I always thought that Facility was a PERFECT de_ map. Ya know it?
5. Sweet!
7. Awww... but still, duals by themselves is good enough for me!
8. Yay!
10. Alright!

Thank you for making it!

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 05:08:36 am »

1 yea i want that too on the proxies, i need to bug our programmers about that feature shouldn't be to hard to add.
2 yea we will try to get that one in there for you guys
3 LTK is in
6 from what i remeber, there is a death match mode.
9 bug basstronix, im sure he would love to give that a try hes our mix master.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Skunk

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 05:56:59 am »

1. Yeah! That was like one of the things you could do on Proxies Only in G64, like the only way to NOT blow yourself up, and to make it worse if you were playing on LTK like we were you had to get close enough to throw the damn thing to set it off but far enough away to run backwards before the blast radius hit you.
2. Sweet!
3. Yeah, I noticed. Hehe.
6. I noticed that too... it's like everyone starts the game out as Bond... why is the team selection still there though? Bug?
9. Hehe... well I just liked it better than Mission Breifing. The music that's on the title screen is good, but it doesn't bring the feel of the original game to me. :/ That's just me though.

Thanks so much dude!

Good_Wolf

• Good Wolf
  • Agent
  • Good_Wolf has no influence.
    • http://gcs.net.nz
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 11:21:08 am »

6. I noticed that too... it's like everyone starts the game out as Bond... why is the team selection still there though? Bug?

this reminds me. r u guys gunna leave the character selection in-game or move it back to the multiplayer tab in options?

also the wiki says there r alot more maps released than i recall getting with my complete beta download. whats with that. r they in fact out and downloadable or are they just finished and going to be put in the next update?

lastly, of the character models in the final, are you guys going to include generic guard skins? like the 1s that rare recycled into their perfect dark64 game.
The reason i ask is that my friend bob looks EXACTLY like 1 of them (minus the low-res blur), u know, the 1 with the pony tail. he always feels obliged to used that skin.

Skunk

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 11:24:57 am »

I always picked the guy called B I believe after you put in the 64 characters code... the one with the bug eyes and giant grin. God that guy was EVIL.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 11:32:04 am »

team selection is there as a precursor to the more team oriented game play modes we are working on. Wouldn't make much sense to make two gui's just because of a beta release
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Good_Wolf

• Good Wolf
  • Agent
  • Good_Wolf has no influence.
    • http://gcs.net.nz
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 11:42:42 am »

i just had a closer look at the map list. the 1s i didnt have i was able to get from my alpha install

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 09:35:29 am »

I still can't seem to find any of these other maps...

I like tw_flashpoint, but I (and the server) seem to be missing a pretty good amount of wall textures. If anyone has a zip the can post of all the playable non-released maps that would be great. As a side note, we've had a great week activity wise, at least IMO. I installed stats last night and 24 hours later...some 200+ people have come through. Been having good games all day long, but we need a few more maps to mix things up a bit.

I believe there's been 60 some or so in the TDM server. Do you think people would want LTK more then TDM? If there's no one around when you want to play, join a server and go do something for a few minutes...people will always come. (Pretty much goes for any server you join)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 09:44:58 pm »

I like tw_flashpoint, but I (and the server) seem to be missing a pretty good amount of wall textures.

This is an alpha version map.

If anyone has a zip the can post of all the playable non-released maps that would be great.

ROFL! thats a real piece of LOL
I want: runway & bunker. lol
Seriously guy: just wait for the next release.

some 200+ people have come through
who care? the BETA is pretty dead, and?

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 03:02:59 am »

This is an alpha version map.

And?? It's playable, just missing a few textures. I would assume they could easily be added to make it decent looking.

ROFL! thats a real piece of LOL
I want: runway & bunker. lol
Seriously guy: just wait for the next release.

I'm talking about old maps that can still be used. So what if they were part of a different version. If they can be played, why not then? We should just not use them because they had a label with "alpha" in it? Some people play more then you think, obviously...and having a few extra maps can really make a difference and change up the pace a bit.

who care? the BETA is pretty dead, and?

I was pretty much saying exactly the opposite of what you just said. 200 people coming through in less then 24 hours = not dead to me. Not sure what your view of "alive" vs. "dead" is.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 11:49:26 am »

Quote from: EduCatOR
all the playable non-released maps

I'm talking about old maps that can still be used.

sorry, i misunderstood: have a look here

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 05:52:24 am »

There's dead links all over the place.

Basically, here are the maps I am looking for. If someone can help me out that would be great.

ge_temple_mk_a4
ge_maze
ge_isocline

Really interested in the first two.

Thanks for any help.

Edu

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 01:23:17 am »

There's dead links all over the place.

Basically, here are the maps I am looking for. If someone can help me out that would be great.

ge_temple_mk_a4
ge_maze
ge_isocline

Really interested in the first two.

Thanks for any help.

Edu
Just for you, redone for beta 1.1.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/10186
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up