GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 10:40:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Devs  (Read 8843 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Hey Devs
« on: September 23, 2007, 05:08:40 am »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say how extremely awesome you guys are with working on this Mod. It is looking absolutely amazing and I am totally surprised at the amount of progress you have made in this little amount of time. It seems like every week there is a new textured gun and every 4 updates a new level or something. AMAZING! Thank you for this. Anyway, my main question for you guys is how much of the actual material that you guys have had updates for are going to be in the next release? Is all that supposed to be the next release? Also, what kind of information can you give me on the around about dates for release. Can you give me anything else but...."soon". Maybe like a rough guess in months or something...I don't know. Even if you aren't right....it doesn't really matter to me. I just need some sort of....hope...I'm going insane here.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
Re: Hey Devs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 06:19:57 am »

Thanks for the kind words, we're always glad when people enjoy what we've done. Sorry though, no release estimates to give... we've learned from the past on that one. We know it's frustrating for you guys, but there's nothing we could say that would be accurate at this point, so there's no purpose to giving people false hope only to disappoint them. As for what content will make it into next release... that's really a day to day process. If it's ready, it'll be in. While the media shots we've released are carefully selected to show work we want to feature, that doesn't mean that what is seen is completed and fully working in game. I wouldn't count on everything you've seen being in the next release, but I imagine a good majority of it will be.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 06:50:51 am »

Nothing is guaranteed :P  Having said that, we are trying to include information into the media releases about the actuall development/ingame status to give you a better idea that the stuff we show isn't just pretty pictures but actually becoming playable ingame. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 10:53:24 pm »

we certainly hope that all of the content will be in though but sometimes stuff happens that gives us problems, and we don't want to give you guys a crappy product.

sorry for being so quiet about release dates, its just that we hate to disappoint people, we give out dates when we are totally done and absolutely sure about something now. to many mistakes and missed dates in the past.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 02:24:07 am »

we certainly hope that all of the content will be in though but sometimes stuff happens that gives us problems, and we don't want to give you guys a crappy product.

sorry for being so quiet about release dates, its just that we hate to disappoint people, we give out dates when we are totally done and absolutely sure about something now. to many mistakes and missed dates in the past.
product implies you're selling it.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:46:49 am »

We are selling it..for $0.  :P

If we treat it like a professional effort, there's a better chance it will turn out like one. 

Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 02:49:42 am »

We are selling it..for $0.  :P

If we treat it like a professional effort, there's a better chance it will turn out like one. 

Yeah, the only thing holding it back is the actual money required to drive a professional effort.

Do the best you can...

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 07:57:02 am »

product implies you're selling it.

a product is anything produced by labor, doesn't necessarily mean or imply it has to be sold.

i only wish we had funding then we could have had the game finished ages ago hehe. oh well just have to keep on keepin on till this sucker is finished.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1]   Go Up