GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 09:13:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you use bots?  (Read 5884 times)

robert2015

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • robert2015 has no influence.
How do you use bots?
« on: January 22, 2015, 08:19:37 am »

I've tried and tried, but I can't get any bots to appear!

I create a server, I set the number of bots to 10, I start the game, I type ge_bots but nothing happens.

Can you use bots if you're the only human player?

EDIT:
It seems that only certain maps and weapon combos allow bots. It's not clear which though!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:37:22 am by robert2015 »

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
Re: How do you use bots?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:10:25 am »

Every official map has bot support, and the set doesn't matter. The command you want to use is ge_bot_threshold 16 (or the number of bots you want). Also you must be in-game to them to join, you can't stay in spectator if you want bots.
You can also just set the playerlimit and use ge_bot to add one or more if you keep using it.

Oh, and if it's an online public server, don't use them.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 03:37:52 am »

It is likely that you are not setting your player limit as well.  We the player limit to be at least one more than your bot limit. They will spawn in about a second after you choose your team and character.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 02:50:45 pm »

Also you must be in-game to them to join, you can't stay in spectator if you want bots.

That's actually wrong.  If you type ge_bot_threshold -1 and then type ge_bot, it will add a bot while you're in spectator.  You can keep typing ge_bot to add more bots.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: [1]   Go Up