GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:02:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any servers out there with active players?  (Read 4764 times)

freefallnick

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • freefallnick has no influence.
any servers out there with active players?
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:41:40 pm »

I downloaded ge:s last night and loaded up but found no servers, also only see 1 server listed here: http://www.ges-stats.com/hlstats.php

Are there any servers with active players? I had a lot of fun playing bots would but wish i could play with people. I am planning a lan soon and this is def going to be one we play.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
Re: any servers out there with active players?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 11:30:16 pm »

Remember, there are GE:S players all around the world, so that's something you have to keep in mind.
WNx and [1138] have a few servers that tend to have people on them, there aren't always people on these servers, but there's usually a few people. Sometimes you'll find a server or two that has a ton of people playing, and sometimes no one is playing. You'll just have to check periodically.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: any servers out there with active players?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 12:35:07 am »

There are servers and there's usually at least a small handful of people playing at most times.

There are some issues with Source's server browser which means when you first start the game it will only show populated servers. Make sure to disable the 'Map List' option in the in-game server browser and do a Full Refresh.

You can also use Steam's server browser by going to Steam > View > Servers and setting the Game to GoldenEye: Source 4.2.4 and click Refresh All.

Player population in GE:S tends to snowball in the afternoon / evening in Europe and North America so that's your best bet for finding other players. Even if there's only one or two players in a server you can join and usually once people see there's a game going they will tend to drop in and join.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:37:37 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up