GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 05:36:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Map Pack  (Read 58962 times)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
Re: Community Map Pack
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 03:46:37 am »

Also if a bot spawns in that tower-thingy that was the entrance to Bunker 1 they just stand there. They don't know how to use ladders. :P If it's possible to implement, it'd be cool to see them shoot the locks to use the warp to go to the normal Bunker entrance, but I have no knowledge in how the bots work in this mod except that they're slightly easier than Perfect Dark's bots. Those damn EliteSims! Anyways completely agree that the bots need reworking, have had plenty experience with bots glitching on that map, didn't know they got stuck in the snow because they were shot. Just thought it was a bad spawn position. lol
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 01:31:56 pm »

Back at work tomorrow, 4 days, 12 hour shifts so won't have much time on my hands, but I shall start working on Bots on my next four off. Thanks to everyone for their help, I'll try and get this finished soon. Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this, all the finished Loading Screens...

If any of you notice any incorrect dates, please let me know... Thanks  :)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:33:51 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2014, 08:07:53 pm »

Interestingly enough, I have never seen the problem with the bots when they fall below the displacements. I'll have to go take a look one of these days when I get a chance and see what you are talking about. Thank you for including it. Your loading screen looks fantastic by the way, and I thank you for the re-release. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2014, 05:04:03 am »

Your most welcome, great map, even with the bot issue :)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2014, 07:53:38 pm »

Luchador has given his permission for me to include Lafayette in the map pack. Thank you Luchador. Don't suppose anyone knows the release date???

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2014, 08:57:50 pm »

I don't remember seeing those tanks on the original one.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2014, 09:04:01 pm »

I don't know, I have never had the pleasure of actually seeing this map without errors and missing textures, It was always broken for me, but I didn't start playing until 4.1.

Is this modified Luchador?

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2014, 09:24:03 pm »

All permission requests sent... Just waiting now, meanwhile I will continue with experimenting with Bots.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2014, 11:37:15 pm »

Just playing around with some ideas...

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2014, 06:11:21 pm »

Entropy-Soldier has given his permission to include Desert Temple, Pipes & Void in my map pack... And corrected me on dates as well. Thanks Entropy-Soldier, here they are with the correct dates...

Permissions from all but one, just waiting on Sess1on :)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2014, 04:12:16 pm »

Hi all, just wanted to give you an update to my progress. Initially I was expecting this to only take a short amount of time, however there have been some issue's to overcome during the process of putting together this map pack, adding Bots is not going as well as I had hoped due to their rather lacklustre performance (As you're already aware of), lots of adjusting nodes and testing, making notes of where Bots have issue's and attempting to compensate. Anyway, I have been keeping a record of what I have been doing so far...

Added high resolution loading screens in 16:9 and 4:3 for all maps
Improved quality of N64 Frigate, FrigateX, Extraction, Streets, StreetsX & Alien Conflict tracks to better match the GE:S tracks
Added GE64  impact sound effect (Thwomp sound that everybody loved so much)
Added GE64 Frigate & FrigateX music for Lafayette
Added PD64 Dark Combat music to Desert Temple
Added PD64 Extraction & Alien Conflict music to Grid
Added N64 Street & StreetsX + Streets music by GoldenZen to Garrison
Added Always Better by Goldenzen & Spy by Sole Signal to Ica Event
All music volumes matched to 92db
Added Bots to ge_grid
Added Bots to ge_lafayette_luchador

Still left to do...
----------------
Add Bot support for all maps that have none

Fix Node issues with some maps where Bots get stuck or unable to navigate
----------------

Some aspects of the Map Pack will be optional and in a separate zip, for example the Player Impact sound effect, ge_grid Material files (not required by those who already downloaded from server)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2014, 12:55:39 am »

Can't tell you how many hours I have spent locating and cutting out the right images for this one...

Just needed a break from the Bots, hope you like it :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:42:12 am by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:27 pm »

Still trying to improve my skills on Photoshop, been playing around with the loading screens and Bots... I did however take a break and came up with this...

Oh yeah... Sorry about the weird looking Q on Quit :)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2014, 10:00:47 pm »

Loving the N64 styled menu, also what exactly do you mean by improving the quality of the N64 songs? Do you mean that you recreated them using better instrument samples, or are they the original songs but just in really good quality like you recorded yourself playing them on an emulator?
And on that Basement Classic loading screen...are you redoing all the original map loading screens as well? Even if you're not, still love it. :)
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2014, 10:12:51 pm »

Loving the N64 styled menu, also what exactly do you mean by improving the quality of the N64 songs? Do you mean that you recreated them using better instrument samples, or are they the original songs but just in really good quality like you recorded yourself playing them on an emulator?
And on that Basement Classic loading screen...are you redoing all the original map loading screens as well? Even if you're not, still love it. :)

OH NO NO NO... I just meant adjusting their Equalizer settings using Audacity to better blend them in with the GE:S tracks, the originals sound quite muffled and quiet in comparison to the GE:S music, I wish I was talented enough to re-create them. And as for the loading screens... Yes, I will be doing them all as I want all my loading screens to match. When I have done them all (after I'm done experimenting and playing around with ideas), I will be uploading them for the GE:S fans of course :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up