GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 09:57:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixed Grid Map With Bots  (Read 4693 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Fixed Grid Map With Bots
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:05:43 pm »

I would like to find out the person or persons responsible for fixing up ge_grid for 4.2.4. I have added Bots and would like to add it to Custom Releases for others to download and play and would really prefer to credit those who fixed up this wonderful map.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Fixed Grid Map With Bots
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:48:02 pm »

No one "fixed" Grid. It's the original 4.1 release, just that the only server that hosts it also downloads the old assets as well. (separately from the BSP file)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:40:07 am »

Yeah... I realised that a little while after writing the post  :-[. I'll find out the assets and include them, just waiting for it to appear on the server again. I'll be adding Bots to a few other custom maps, I'd like to contribute in some way to the mod.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:22 am »

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:14:39 am by soupcan »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 08:53:43 am »

WOW... Thank you so much SoupCan, I sat for an hour and a half last night refreshing servers waiting for Grid to pop up, you saved me a lot more waiting  :) :) :) :)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 12:29:44 pm »

I don't think including the assets will be a good idea in this case.
It will change the mapsize and checksum, which will lead to a CRC error for all the ppl that allready have the map.
Just host the ain file on the servers that run this map and it'll be fine.

Renaming the file on the other hand will cause several other issues, you'd need to take care off then. (e.g. cubemaps, soundscape)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 01:11:16 pm »

Thanks Kraid... Taken on board :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up