GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:40:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Source Gun Barrel  (Read 6852 times)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Goldeneye Source Gun Barrel
« on: August 29, 2015, 03:47:34 am »

I never understood why in the Goldeneye Source Gun Barrel that the Golden Gun gun shot sound is used instead of the pp7 sound. I hope it gets fixed in the next update :).
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Goldeneye Source Gun Barrel
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:49:58 am »

They should use the magnum shot like the original Goldeneye 64 used the magnum shot for its opening

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 01:37:24 pm »

In the next update it'll use the rocket launcher sound.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 05:47:51 pm »

In the next update it'll use the rocket launcher sound.

that made me chuckle :D.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 02:24:47 am »

The Golden Gun sound was used because it is the beefiest but not over-the-top gun sound that sounded good with the music and fit with the look of the video. Or at least that's what I was thinking when I was working on the video a few years ago.

I tried a couple of gunshot sounds, the PP7 sounded too short and wimpy for a single shot, and the magnum (which was the original go-to as a GE64 nod) feels way too big and just came off as distracting. The GG sound was a good medium.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:29:12 am by Jonathon [SSL] »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 04:49:37 am »

Will the music be changed or will it stay the same? GoldenZen made a remix of the full n64 theme a while back and even some gunbarrel rescores for his Goldeneye Rescore project, they sound a bit more James Bond-y than the current one which sounds more like Halo (not a bad thing, but there aren't that many Halo-ish sounding songs in the mod itself).
What I think would be cool, is if there could be alternate versions of the intro that play when you start the game, like with different music similar to how the maps always randomly pick one of it's available songs (unless there's only one available option by default like Bunker Classic) and maybe even different pistol noises. I don't know if that is possible but if it is I feel like that'd be a cool touch...the getting multiple intros that plays randomly upon startup.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 03:57:12 am »

I think you are the only one that has noticed that.  When I install GE:S, I check the box to skip the intro.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: [1]   Go Up