GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 07:07:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Music WIP - Remixes and X-Variants  (Read 11932 times)

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
Music WIP - Remixes and X-Variants
« on: July 12, 2015, 05:36:46 am »

Hey everyone :)

I thought I would start up a thread to keep a log of the music that I'm either still working on or have completed, as always feedback is welcome and appreciated to ensure these tunes realize their full potential as my goal is to please as many of you as I can with these remixes!

I will be updating this initial post regularly with the most up to date links to the tunes so be sure to check back on a weekly basis if you are interested in seeing/hearing the tunes come to life... :)

Work In Progress Tunes:

X-Variants:

Facility

Remixes:

Runway

*UPDATED 31/07/2015*

Completed Tunes:

X-Variants:

Soon!

Remixes:

Control

Shaken And Stirred

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:31:51 pm by tweaklab »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Music WIP - Remixes and X-Variants
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:57:13 am »

loving the runway remix
listening to the others atm

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:41:07 am »

C&C:

Shaken and Stirred is more like several X-Variants thrown together.
You could easily just use the last two parts starting at 3:05 and got an X track.
(maybe rather the second part and the last part, though)
Having a track like this as a regular track would defeat the purpose of X-Variants.

Facility is good for the main part till 1:00, the ending i don't like much. To noisy for my taste.

On Runway this clicking sound starting at 0:25 really puts me off.
The legth of roughly a minute with an allmost silent ending made me think this is meant to be another X-Variant. Just now i recognized that it's listed under Remixes.

For an X-Track it would be a little to slow IMO.

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!Tweaklab is awe-inspiring!
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:52:15 am »

C&C:

Shaken and Stirred is more like several X-Variants thrown together.
You could easily just use the last two parts starting at 3:05 and got an X track.
(maybe rather the second part and the last part, though)
Having a track like this as a regular track would defeat the purpose of X-Variants.

Facility is good for the main part till 1:00, the ending i don't like much. To noisy for my taste.

On Runway this clicking sound starting at 0:25 really puts me off.
The legth of roughly a minute with an allmost silent ending made me think this is meant to be another X-Variant. Just now i recognized that it's listed under Remixes.

For an X-Track it would be a little to slow IMO.

Hey Kraid!

Shaken and Stirred has the various tempos as per killermonkey's feedback that the shifting tempos made it a great death match track when I initially applied to you guys, it was the track that landed me the trial and killermonkey signed it off as being complete and perfect in his opinion so I left it as it is, that's why I figured I'd put it under completed tracks.

Runway is going to be a complete, full length remix that is still work in progress at the moment (hence why it's listed under Work In Progress Tunes haha), I have literally only gotten a minute into the track that's why the ending is dragged out, it's not supposed to be an X-Version :) I'll make the X-Version much faster and more intense.

Cheers for the feedback and suggestions!

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 01:19:44 am »

wasnt really taken with Facility...maybe i just felt it was too techno for my liking
Shaken and stirred was quite good though :)

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:29:22 am »

I am going to be honest, these sound atrocious. Am I going to get in trouble here for not agreeing with you all? OH NO! God forbid if I don't agree. I know good music and this ain't it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:51:42 am by Adrian »
Troy, get back on that treadmill

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:47:04 am »

@Roger, give some specifics to validate your dissenting opinion. No use in posting if it doesn't help them get better.

Rick Astley

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 11:13:10 am »

I am going to be honest, these sound atrocious. Am I going to get in trouble here for not agreeing with you all? OH NO! God forbid if I don't agree. I know good music and this ain't it.

Whats wrong with them? they sound alright to me

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 02:03:23 am »

Roger, tweaklab has put in a good amount of hours in order to make some new tracks for the game and you should support him.  If you have a problem with something, you need to try to offer some constructive criticism.  I would think by now you would realize that your bad attitude is not getting you anywhere here.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 05:39:26 pm »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts so far, here is a much improved first 2 minutes of Runway.

I've added a bunch more orchestral sounds and a much stronger intro including dual guitar recordings in the left and right channel on various strings, the drums kind of remind me of Rammstein haha.

Then it still jumps into the groovy house vibe while making a few better progressions and yeah, see what you think.

I'm starting to get rather pumped up listening to it evolve now however it's 3:37 AM so that will do for tonight... :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:25:09 am by tweaklab »

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:50 pm »

So here is an update to my Runway remix... I'm pretty happy with it now :D

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:24:57 pm by tweaklab »

Rick Astley

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 12:19:09 am »

quite enjoyable i love that it has a mass effect feel at the beginning of the track....very enjoyable indeed

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 09:45:51 am »

This is great stuff :)

Tweaklab

• Lead Sound Designer
  • Secret Agent
    • Tweaklab on SoundCloud
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 12:55:51 am »

Thanks guys!

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 11:33:19 pm »

Now this track is quite good.
Troy, get back on that treadmill
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up