GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:19:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_node_start no longer working  (Read 6074 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
ge_node_start no longer working
« on: November 04, 2014, 07:09:41 pm »

I have tried re-installing the mod, but still nothing. It say's "Entering node placement mode" in the console, but instead of placing nodes the gun fires. Don't know if Steam updating could have something to do with it. Hope you can help.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: ge_node_start no longer working
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:40:38 pm »

exec_node_edit still works... Curious.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:19:59 pm »

OK... Thought I might as well report this here as it's once again to do with bots. When trying to save nodes, the engine crashed with "ED_Alloc: no free edicts". I looked this up and discovered that it's due to having too many nodes. Is there any way round this issue by increasing the maximum edicts? Everything I tried so far didn't work.

EDIT: I am stuck in Node placement mode, even though the engine thinks I'm not, is there a command other than ge_node_save that can terminate this mode?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:25:22 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 10:08:41 pm »

I tried re-installing the mod and everything was back to normal. So I went into node edit using "exec node_edit" and created some nodes for a map, then typed "ge_node_save" to save the nodes, the bots appeared on the map with "AI DISABLED" appearing on the screen and I was unable to shoot my weapon again, so I tried loading another map and same thing, I can no longer shoot my weapon and can't find any way to fix the issue without re-installing the mod. If anyone can resolve my issue it would be very much appreciated.

UPDATE: It would appear my Xbox 360 Controller functions fine, I can shoot and play OK, but my mouse buttons are still in Node Placement Mode, even though the engine isn't.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:01:50 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 02:44:41 am »

You need to exec the original config file or the sample one. I cannot rember exactly how to go back to default. You can also just manually change your key bindings back in options.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:02:21 am »

Thanks KM. My goal was achieved regardless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up