GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 10:56:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lag/ Warping...  (Read 4598 times)

pookpunk

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pookpunk has no influence.
Lag/ Warping...
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:11:33 am »

How do I fix this problem? I will be playing normally and then all of a sudden a lag occurs where I warp ahead. It's quite frustrating. It does this to me in Team Fortress as well. I play Sonic Transformed just fine online. What is the deal with these source games/ mods?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Lag/ Warping...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:07:47 am »

Since it appears on all Source games, maybe your connection is the issue.
Possibly it's a bit unstable. Different games just handle it differently.

You can try a few things to minimize the issue e.g.:
- pay attention to the latency of the server. (should be as low as possible, preferably under 100, not above 200)
- if you're on W-LAN, change to cable connection if possible, otherwise make sure to have a excelent signal strength
- make sure that there are no downloads, torrents, etc. using up your bandwidth (even on other computers or internet radio).
Every additional traffic will result in higher latency for you.

For further investigation you might want to use the ingame statistic tools, too.
If you ain't got the console active allready, right click on the game (steam library), choose properties>launch options, enter -console
close the window with OK.
Boot up the game, there should be a new command line window now, thats the so called console.
Join a game, once it's loaded press ESC, enter in the console: net_graph 1
(net_graph 0 will deactivate it again, 2 and 3 give additional bar graph statistics)
Return to the game, there should be a few statistics in the lower right corner now, telling you about your fps, ping, lerp etc.

When you experience the warp again, pay attention to the values of the net graph.

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Re: Lag/ Warping...
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 12:33:58 am »

How do I fix this problem? I will be playing normally and then all of a sudden a lag occurs where I warp ahead. It's quite frustrating. It does this to me in Team Fortress as well. I play Sonic Transformed just fine online. What is the deal with these source games/ mods?

update your wireless internet driver or driver that allows you internet. I once had this problem where my ping was 500+ and I did a series of tests and came to the conclusion my wireless driver needed updating. So go check that out.
Troy, get back on that treadmill
Pages: [1]   Go Up