GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 12:33:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the future for Goldeneye Source?  (Read 7629 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
What's the future for Goldeneye Source?
« on: July 05, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »

It's been a long time since development of Goldeneye Source and since then, you guys did a excellent job. All of you should be awarded for your hard work and dedication.

What are you guys planning to do next?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: What's the future for Goldeneye Source?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:15:14 am »

To be honest, it's been a ghost town around the development forums. There are some very exciting things on the developer SVN though that haven't been made public (even in mentioning). I still think about the mod daily, and hope at some point I'll overcome the burnout and post-work exhaustion and come back and keep working on it. KM, Luch, Dean, and Kraid have been making contributions as well.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 02:09:42 am »

I'm wanting to do a minor update to bunker classic, nothing fancy, just fixing up a few hitches with the entities and some reworking some of the textures.

I'm not sure what to do with my backlog of unfinished maps either. I started a bunch of maps over the years which didn't get finished. There's a 1/3 finished Egyptian Classic floating around on my hard drive somewhere...
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 03:17:00 am »

And nobody mentions the New phantom model.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:57:52 pm by Peroxwhy?gen »

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

It's not a secret that we've been looking towards redoing the weapons for quite some time. New P90, Klobb, DD44 and KF7 models were teased in 2011. Also Luchador's blog details some of his recent work on remodelling several weapons.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:11:51 pm »

Did Armoured Fury contribute any new weapon models? /sic

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 05:00:14 am »

Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Redone Phantom for Goldeneye:Source.

The Spectre M4, known as the Phantom in Goldeneye, is finished.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »

Well gathering from the facebook page we have:

A New Phantom Model
A New Golden Gun Model
Three New Character Models
A New Gun Barrel

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 06:31:48 pm »

Just two new weapons? You know it's Luchador the magician you are talking about. And no new map at all? What the hell is going on here? Aliens? Twilight Zone? :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:39:04 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 06:53:11 pm »

New Rocket Launcher, actually shoots rockets! :D I hope we get new PP7 models so those aren't positioned too far to the right anymore. :D
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 10:00:29 am »

Just two new weapons? You know it's Luchador the magician you are talking about. And no new map at all? What the hell is going on here? Aliens? Twilight Zone? :)

nah i mean what has been announced so far according to the facebook page

i love it how the rocket launcher design looks like the stinger missile weapon from The Licence to Kill Movie i thought that was cool

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 11:12:57 am »

Probably should do a monthly wrap up here on forums for non Facebook members...one day.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 04:30:49 pm »

What's a facebook anyway? ;)

Rick Astley

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 09:25:20 am »

What's a facebook anyway? ;)

Pretty much....

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 01:06:32 am »

There are a core of devs still planning and chipping away.

I'm not one of them. But it still tickles me that 9 years in we still have work being produced. It has only ever been 1-2 months before someone posts a code/map/weapon/animation progress report internally. In 9 years.

What long term mod can say this  ;)

Burn out with our legal tap dancing/lack of industry support, and SO many getting professional jobs in the 50-60 hour range, this kind of ghost presence was inevitable with our mod team.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up