GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 01:59:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving towards Mac support?  (Read 11597 times)

KicknGuitar

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • KicknGuitar has no influence.
Moving towards Mac support?
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:28:13 am »

From what I've read, GE:S has been windows only due to it's use of the 2007 Source SDK. With plans to move to the 2013 SDK will GES 4.3 sport a mac equivalent? Are there any plans to do so? How realistic are our GES for Mac dreams?

Thanks for the info. Ever since I heard of this years ago I've been meaning to check it out. Now that I have a computer powerful enough to run games via Steam I've been going back to see what games I missed out on. GES has always look out of this world. Thanks for the GE nostalgia.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Moving towards Mac support?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:24:46 pm »

Yes 4.3 will be sdk2013. So yes, Mac/Linux support(if all goes well).
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:54:40 am »

Any ideas on when 4.3 might be out? Last time I checked the progress page it had been at like 50 or so % for months, making me question if it just hadn't been updated yet or if no one has been able to get any more progress due to real life and/or laziness. :P I hope it's before the end I next school semester so I could have a fun senior year with my friends. lol Course I'm not saying to rush it, or anything I can wait because 4.2.4 is amazing enough, I'm jus saying the I hope it'll be out in the next school year, but it doesn't have to be if the developers aren't able to get enough free time to make it happen that fast.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

KicknGuitar

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • KicknGuitar has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:42:20 am »

Yes 4.3 will be sdk2013. So yes, Mac/Linux support(if all goes well).

Good to hear. Fingers crossed I'll get to play GoldenEye once again.

Cheers.

azomp

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • azomp barely matters.azomp barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 11:39:42 pm »

Still waiting on 4.3 (for OS X support) and would like to know if this is just around the corner, or perhaps still a long way off please?

Thanks and keep up the sterling work!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 06:41:33 pm »

At present this is a long way off and uncertain at best.

As much as we'd like to, and as much as we've promised in the past, our next release is unlikely to support OSX. We had planned to support it previously as we were moving to a newer version of the Source Engine but plans had to change when we discovered just how broken that version was which proved a major setback.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

azomp

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 02:58:24 am »

Thanks for the info, that's a shame. When you say a "long way off", does that mean nothing for the entirety of 2016?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 04:17:53 pm »

Thanks for the info, that's a shame. When you say a "long way off", does that mean nothing for the entirety of 2016?

Most likely, yes.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

azomp

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 12:06:50 am »

Oh well, keep going.

You should see the ETA for the Dungeon Keeper 1 open source venture
Pages: [1]   Go Up