GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:51:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: We need moore developers  (Read 16261 times)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
Re: We need moore developers
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:47 am »

Really the only thing you could get in trouble would just be the names and concept of this mod. You've recreated everything, besides the Source Engine, from scratch so this should still fall under Fair Use since Valve is A-Okay with using their characters and game engines as long as their created, so whoever tries to sue you has to be an ass & determined to take you guys down. :P
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 01:34:36 am »

I found one character artist who could do a character if i paid for it (if i had some spare funds i might even consider asking him to a comission to do Nataylia or Xenia- but since im not sure about using paypal i might put the idea on a backburner)

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:09 am »

I'm no fancy city town lawyer, but they are using Ian Fleming's James Bond character and using the faces of the actors from the movie without their permission, not to mention the rights to GoldenEye and 007 in general. But as long as the developers are not making a profit from the mod, it should be fine. Rightsholders get mad when you're making money off their dime, that's the whole thing with YouTube ever since they added profit sharing from views/subscriptions. There's also the further end of the spectrum where rightsholders feel nobody should be doing anything with their intellectual property on the basis that, for example, the GE:S devs did not purchase usage rights to 007 so the rightsholders feel they are losing money by having GE:S made for free. The whole thing is a bit of a grey area if I'm not mistaken.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 01:17:20 am »

i have posted an ad on Polycount  but alas no notifications or anything

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 05:20:25 am »

I've payed hundreds in ads on Facebook and google. Come at me MGM and everyone else.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 03:14:55 pm »

<words>
At the very least our Bond isn't based on any one Bond actor.
Everybody else we're skirting the line. Also, what major said.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 04:41:40 am »

I'm no fancy city town lawyer, but they are using Ian Fleming's James Bond character and using the faces of the actors from the movie without their permission, not to mention the rights to GoldenEye and 007 in general. But as long as the developers are not making a profit from the mod, it should be fine. Rightsholders get mad when you're making money off their dime, that's the whole thing with YouTube ever since they added profit sharing from views/subscriptions. There's also the further end of the spectrum where rightsholders feel nobody should be doing anything with their intellectual property on the basis that, for example, the GE:S devs did not purchase usage rights to 007 so the rightsholders feel they are losing money by having GE:S made for free. The whole thing is a bit of a grey area if I'm not mistaken.
Actually the characters' faces aren't the actors, they're done in a similar fashion yes, but when you compare the models to the film, they're actually a bit different (like Ourumov is an old man with grey hair but he doesn't look that close to Gottfried, Boris has messy black hair and glasses but he looks different from Alan Cumming when you put them face to face, and so on and so forth), they just look so much better than Reloaded because they're actually based off what was in the game and film, while making the faces more generic, which they can't get sued for that. Like I said it's really the names and the concept of the gameplay because they can't get sued for custom making the models from scratch, making models of real life guns that every FPS game now uses. Besides GE:S has been known about on the internet for years, with being one of the top Source mods in recent years, tons of videos made by popular YouTubers (like Seananners for example), making it very hard to believe that MGM, Nintendo, and Rare don't know about it's existence. Because of this, I think that if they wanted to take down the mod, they would've done it a while ago or in the last two or three years or so, and that they just don't care about this free mod, or possibly like it. I can actually imagine some of the original GE creators playing GE:S. lol
Maybe I've just watched the film enough times and played the original game enough times to spot the differences in GE:S models, I mean one look at Alec's model and I can tell you that he's not Sean Bean. xD
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 01:20:54 am »

Take classes on python or level design and come back with a professional profile instead of complaining. If there is a feature you want added, develop it yourself. None of the team members got paid for the amount of work they put into this project. You need money! Do you think they started from a kickstarter fund? Of course not.

They are plenty of websites

http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python

http://www.learnpython.org/

Now that unreal engine is free, go download it and create something.

Take a look at some professional companies and you'll see that they have hundreds of people working on what ever it is they are doing. I understand this mod doesn't have hundreds of people working on it but you need more designers then what you have, otherwise by the time this game is finished i will be 105 years old.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 01:25:21 am »

I've payed hundreds in ads on Facebook and google. Come at me MGM and everyone else.

http://i.imgur.com/qYUrJwb.png
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up