GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:33:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Decoded  (Read 7763 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Goldeneye Decoded
« on: December 05, 2013, 01:13:21 am »

I found this blog just the other day with all sorts of cool documents and images of the making of the original Goldeneye 64 :)

http://goldeneyedecoded.blogspot.com.au/

the Severnaya Installation artwork looks beautiful with the purple sky and snow

plus one day i would love to see the charater selection images in GES to look like the original poses:

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Goldeneye Decoded
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:34:36 am »

Pretty interesting.  I made a thread a while ago that adds on this

http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7643.msg79095.html

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:40 am »

No words can describe my feelings right now....
I do love how they did some of these, like how they made Trevelyan's (and most likely everyone else's) face by taking screenshots of the movie, and how they took pictures of set pieces and Aztec ruins, but I really love how Jaws's select photo changed angles while everyone else's was pretty much spot on.
This is a really interesting find. :D
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:48:13 am »

its awesome- im also glad to see that they included images of the cancelled Goldeneye XBLA

Why Nintendo?!? Couldnt they have released it -_- for X360 and Wii? instead of the Craig remake which
was so terrible it should be sucked into a blackhole

• Secret Agent
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:05:22 am »

Nintendo was afraid that only the 360 version would've been bought, but if they had just given the Wii version a 1 year exclusive like they did with Reloaded then they wouldn't have had a problem, I mean besides you always have the Nintendo fanboys *raises hand* and those who have both systems and like to compare versions.
I do hope that maybe they can get back together with Rare and make GE XBLA for Wii U, XBLA, Xbox One, and PS4 so we can have the game that we should've gotten for the 10th anniversary....actually if they start now they could possibly get here by the 20th anniversary. :D
It's also amazing that the Multiplayer Mode, the mode that the game is most known for, was added in one month and at the very end of development. It's also funny how a good amount of the features that were originally planned for GE didn't happen until PD, which is probably why they called it GE's Spiritual Sequel.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Rick Astley

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 02:10:54 am »

Yeah now that Activison is gone (Thank God as they pretty much raped Goldeneye and not to mention 6 other bond films in the worst Bond Game of all Time- 007 Legends) maybe there is a chance for Microsoft and Nintendo and Rare to negotiate- if they gave a one year exclusive to
say Wii U (which frankly after the release of XboxOne and PS4 they need some publicitiy)

i mean from what i have heard GEXBLA would have had Dam, Depot and Cradle as Multiplayer maps..

Ofcourse if Goldeneye Xbla was released- id still stay loyal to Goldeneye Source :)

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 03:09:39 am »

Oh yah, I wasn't trying to diss GE:S at all, this is one of the best fan-made mods I've ever seen, and I've seen some really good OoT, SM64, GE007 mods, and more for other games. This game is different enough from the original to stay have value and entertainment even if GEXBLA comes out. I mean we've got amazing remixes that you can listen to for hours (believe me, it's practically the only songs on my mp3 ;D) while GEXBLA (if following the path of PDXBLA and from what we see in the Silo video) would only have the original songs and sound effects, plus there's cool and unique maps and fun extra game modes that most likely won't appear in GEXBLA if it gets made. XBLA would be the original with updated graphics & controls and a few more maps for Multiplayer, and Source has updated graphics and controls, but with many more maps, a whole soundtrack of remixes of the songs, along with multiple versions for certain songs, plus more game modes and weapons/items. Plus Source is a bit customizable in some cases, like we can add and take away songs from the file path & edit the level scripts to play different songs, we can make custom levels and game modes and implement them into our own servers, and even edit models and textures for ourselves, whereas it'd take making editors for GoldenEye XBLA alone, possibly need an emulator if it can't be done like Wii hacking via Homebrew, Geko & SD card, or maybe even take deep hacking into the rom itself.
See GE:S has a lot of value and would still hold that value even if an official (and true to the original game unlike Reloaded) remake was released. Plus if you look at the screen shots and the Silo video, GE:S has a different style as well in terms of gameplay feel and graphics. :D
One thing I would really like to know is if any of the members of the original GE team know about Source and what they think of it, personally I'd be extremely happy that people loved my game so much to make their own version for free and for everyone's enjoyment. :)

Rick Astley

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 03:11:44 am »

i think Grame Norgate said that the music of GES was excellent :)

i cant find the link but yeah from what i heard from another team member he enjoyed the music

• Secret Agent
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 02:48:24 pm »

That's great to hear since these songs are so amazing. :D I wonder if he ever mentioned the mod to other members.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 03:32:41 pm »

Great share!

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:59:50 pm »

omg, site its great, love u man :D

Rick Astley

Pages: [1]   Go Up