GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 04:02:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Do you think DAD mode should become an official mode?

No
- 3 (42.9%)
Yes
- 4 (57.1%)
Yes: If changes are made to it. (Please post your change ideas)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you think DAD mode should become an official GE:S mode?  (Read 4711 times)

Joe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.
Do you think DAD mode should become an official GE:S mode?
« on: August 21, 2013, 04:12:16 pm »

Quote from: Killermonkey's latest post in the DAD mode forum topic:
I would be interested in making this mode an official mode if the community supports that.

I want to fold in more community driven modes as officially supported in the coming months.
http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7378.60.html#lastPost

If you would like a mode based on MOHAA freeze tag to become an official GE:S mode but don't want my implementation to be used, then please use the third poll option instead of voting no and post a message saying that you think the implementation of this mode should be changed/started from scratch.

I would like DAD mode to become an official mode because I think servers would be more likely to use it.

I wouldn't mind what the GE:S dev team programmers do with the code I've created. Though I would like them to keep this mode's gameplay based on the gameplay in the popular MOHAA Freeze Tag mode.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:23:16 pm by Joe »
Free games:FPS + RTS: Renegade X & Battlezone 1.5,RTS: 7 Kingdoms & Open Red Alert, TBS:Hedgewars, playcatan.com & www.wesnoth.org

terps4life90

Re: Do you think DAD mode should become an official GE:S mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:57:14 pm »

No and in fact it shouldn't even be a mode. Completely ruins the Goldeneye experience. What really needs to be done is stop making so many damn modes and actually take the time to perfect the modes that were actually in the game. This game mode to be honest sounds nothing like Goldeneye in any way. I hate to burst your bubble, but this is just my thought on the subject.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:02:12 pm by RogerSm007e »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 05:03:54 pm »

I miss my PC! :(

Laptops GFX can't run source

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 04:35:34 pm »

From what I've seen, this mode is pretty unique and and quite fun!

I'm not a huge fan of teamplay-only gamemodes in GE:S because they scale poorly with lower player counts, but this actually does have some pretty interesting dynamics when it comes to group firefights.  I think with a bit of polish and fine-tuning it could be a pretty awesome mode!

Great work, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this project.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 11:44:50 pm »

I unfortunately never had the chance to play it since the server I usually play on does not have it in it's rotation, And I haven't played MOHAA in... Too long to remember.
However, I'm pretty sure I'd like it, As the concept looks fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up