GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:50:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Key bindings for knife and most recent weapon  (Read 4041 times)

Snowie0wl

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Snowie0wl has no influence.
Suggestion: Key bindings for knife and most recent weapon
« on: July 28, 2013, 07:08:39 am »

Firstly, a key binding to switch to knife would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure some people would also like a slappers binding.

Secondly, I disabled the "auto-switch to new weapon" option in the settings but sometimes it was nice. It would be great to have a binding to switch to the weapon most recently picked up. It would probably be best to have this activate the actual last weapon picked up instead of the weapon auto-switch would select.

What do you think?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:15:44 am by Snowie0wl »

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
Re: Suggestion: Key bindings for knife and most recent weapon
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

You can always use the "Last weapon used" bind, just take the knife or slappers and when you press it you will have them.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 01:01:22 pm »

Interesting idea with the "last weapon picked up" key.

The knife and slappers have a dedicated key, it's 1 by default.

I know what your suggestion is, but one could argue that every weapon should have a dedicated key. Especially the golden gun for example.

Snowie0wl

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Snowie0wl has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:38 am »

The melee key is plenty, thank you. I just absentmindedly missed it in the options.

The last acquired weapon key would still make a good compliment to fully manual weapon changes (especially in LTK). An alternative would be a key which temporarily suppressed auto-changing when held down, though I'm not sure if that would be less useful or the best of both worlds.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:07:22 am by Snowie0wl »
Pages: [1]   Go Up