GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:40:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?  (Read 42772 times)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 05:31:38 am »

"Have you tried turning it off and on again" IT-Crowd

What?

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 09:37:41 am »

why not this :D?

not a huge fan of the James Bond Dubstep..

What about New Achievements?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:10:07 pm by Rick Astley »

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 05:46:23 pm »

I've actually got a somewhat minor request in addition to the other ones I've conveyed over the months:

Music Groups!

Currently the music listings are structured to only allow one set of music to be played for a given level, with the exception of one elevator track which is managed via alternative means.  I think it would be a nice asset to certain maps if they could dictate the type of music that a player hears at a given location/time.  This could be accomplished in a manner similar to the "No Music" command currently used in some soundscape files.

While this would require a slight restructuring of the music script files, most existing ones would not need to be modified.  The needed changes mostly require that in addition to the standard "music" grouping, there would also be additional groups titled "group1", "group2", etc.  anything listed under "music" would play by default, only switching out if one of the other groups is triggered.  This could be done with a line in the soundscape file, one that designates the music group to switch to when a player triggers the soundscape.

If this could be managed without great effort, i can think of a few maps that would gain a nice boost in atmosphere by using it.  While it may not seem noticeable at times, i think our music is one thing that gives us a huge edge over other titles, so it's important to get as much out of it as we can!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:40 pm »

New achievements, and also make there a different loading screen for when the next map does not have its own loading screen and when the next map's name is yet to be determined. (So it's not "Unknown" or "Custom" when it's just loading the name)

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »

You can bug ammo boxes right now and blow them up when people attempt to pick them up.

But you cant stick the remote mine onto the box and detonate it when they already picked it up, that's what im trying to say.
But if the team doesn't want that in then so be it :) im still content with how the game is.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »

* Add a convar to disable the open slot left when filling a server with bots

I'm not sure if that what you said basically means the same thing that I'm about to say now, but I'd like a bot to be kicked as soon as a player joins the server because so far servers filled with bots cannot be joined because "server is full". What a waste of a perfectly good server... :(

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 12:12:11 am »

maybe 2 versions of Breathing "Hurt" noises

we currently have the male breathing noise when being hit and i was thinking why not
have a female breathing hit

i mean The Female Scientist sounds weird with the male breathing noises

But Mayday on the other hand....

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:35 am »

I'm not sure if that what you said basically means the same thing that I'm about to say now, but I'd like a bot to be kicked as soon as a player joins the server because so far servers filled with bots cannot be joined because "server is full". What a waste of a perfectly good server... :(

That's a bug with SDK.  KM posted about this a while ago.

http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7076.0.html
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:40:30 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 02:33:13 am »

It's some minor complaint, but I got this weird box in my loading screen (next to GoldenEye: Source) which looks like something's missing there. Also it's a nice idea to have those checkboxes and buttons right there to overlap the intro, but then again, it somewhat disctracts. I'd rather have them in the menu being able to skip the intro with space. : /

EDIT: one more thing: when you alt-tab the game (because someone sent you a message somewhere) and you go back in you either have to wait a long time or you have to die in order for your radar to come back - otherwise it's just one small green pixel.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:03:19 am by coolDisguise »

RobbeR49

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RobbeR49 has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 03:23:28 am »

Well I'll give it a shot: I think going back to the old pre-4.2 invulnerability time would improve the game.

Also, knockback from getting hit should be toned down dramatically, the rifles are really bad about this.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 10:38:38 am »

The ability to stack mines would be neat.

Quick idea, Even though that might not work in Source Engine or that might fuck up Windows pointers.... Replaces the cursor in menus with a smaller version of the in-game sight!

:D

And this
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:50:39 am by Proxie »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 10:40:00 am »

The next patch should

- include third Party maps

- add human pain sounds and the ability to turn them on / off in the menu

- feature new gamemodes like arsenal

- feature a new map and

-add  maybe two or three new music tracks

- present one or two new weapon models (still waiting for the new pp7, dd44, rcp90, kf7 and a better golden gun)

I think its important to keep the players busy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:36:46 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013, 01:05:42 pm »

Option to have a crosshair for all those put off by the lack of one, I must admit to putting a dot on my screen on occasion, sometimes it's nice not to have to use the aim feature. :)

Rick Astley

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 02:57:26 pm »

The next patch should

- include third Party maps
I think Funhouse, Siberia and Grid should be included as they are Grade A Quality Maps

- add human pain sounds and the ability to turn them on / off in the menu
I would love to see that too
- feature new gamemodes like arsenal
id love to see a king of the hill gamemode

- feature a new map and add  maybe two or three new music tracks
yeah i would like to see a map but i feel that GES V4.2.3 will just be improving game mechanics but yeah some music tracks would be nice and i would certainly like to see Mangley's Aztec map but agian its no rush at all

- present one or two new weapon models (still waiting for the new pp7, dd44, rcp90, kf7 and a better golden gun)

I think its important to keep the players busy

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »

Option to have a crosshair for all those put off by the lack of one, I must admit to putting a dot on my screen on occasion, sometimes it's nice not to have to use the aim feature. :)

That wouldn't be Goldeneye, But... If it happens, Which I highly doubt, It should be a server option and not a player option.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up