GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:32:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?  (Read 42815 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2013, 03:06:37 pm »

Also sometimes it takes just time to aquire new skills and improve the existent ones.
And sometimes it's hard to find the time beside RL, Job etc.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2013, 11:26:05 pm »

I was able to increase the effectiveness of the spawn system!

The problem with, and reason why, I had the radius set so small is because it would detract desirability even if the enemy was on the other side of an unconnected area! I solved this by checking to see if the enemy was in the same area as the spawner. If so, then it calculates desirability detractors based on distance.

With this fix, I can increase the distance with which the spawner is affected by enemies to 1,500 units. It worked perfectly with bots, I never spawned near a bot once in a round of play.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up