GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:48:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Impact Sound  (Read 11293 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
New Impact Sound
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:52:15 pm »

It occurred to me while playing today that the new Impact Sound that's been added, while great for letting the player know when he's hit, sounds a bit odd. I had an idea, and I think it's a good one so I started experimenting with the Playerhit sound effect.

What I was thinking is that each character in the game could have their own sounds that they make when being hit, here's a little experiment video I made with an alteration of the Impact Sound:-

Oh... And sorry about the lag, that's a Fraps thing.

Each character could have 3 sounds each that play randomly when being hit so it's not too repetitive.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:13:58 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: New Impact Sound
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:18:44 pm »

I also created 8-10 player hurt sounds (for male & female) before 4.2 release, but I think it was too short dated to implement them satisfactorily, since some sounds also weren´t high quality ones. and there´s the danger that the sounds might get too annoying in the long run, nevertheless I would like to have some hurt sounds in 4.3, but with the possibility to disable them, just like the hit sounds in 4.2

so if you have or want to create some high quality male and female sounds, feel free to post them here. I think we all love to hear females yelling  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:23:11 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:28:17 pm »

I think we all love to hear females yelling  ;)

Yeah, actually some of the female grunts and groans were putting dirty thoughts into my head, followed by pitching tent.

liamcadhain

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:59:37 pm »

That sounds like a good idea actually. It would certainly give a bit more realism to the game to hear a grunt or scream from a player as opposed to the default sound currently in place.

This, haha.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:14:56 pm »

Well, I have to say this new sound i'm using now (another hurt sound) is great, I've found a hurt pain that could easily be male or female so it doesn't really matter if it's a male or female character that's being shot, it works. I'm going to stick with this sound as it stands out more and fits better for me. Anyway I've upload it so you can all try it out, the zip comes with the new and original just in case you don't like it and want to put the original back:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?5z3aon4s69awl41

Just copy the "sound" folder to your "gesource" folder and select "yes" to overwrite on all requests. Hope you like it.

EDIT: For those of you that may not know, your "gesource" folder can be found in:-

steam/steamapps/sourcemods/

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:17:10 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:11:42 pm »

Here's a video of the above Impact sound, wouldn't be without it now. This really would be a great addition to the mod, well worth looking into. :)

Sounds like James Brown being shot in the ass.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:15:29 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 09:24:28 pm »

A Cy said, experimentation was done on this direction and based on this should be explored for 4.3. It's a complex thing having everyone agree on a sound. Sounds can be so personal and diverse in taste.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 09:32:10 pm »

Here ya go "The Cy", especially for you... Enjoy.

http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects/31/mp3/617650_SOUNDDOGS__gr.mp3

Oh... And I have decided to take on the challenge of finding 3 sounds per character, but it'll take some time what with building the Resident Evil Mansion in Doom 3.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:51:29 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:11 pm »

Saw your video, the fraps lag is not bad. Do you have a decent computer?

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 10:19:25 pm »

Saw your video, the fraps lag is not bad. Do you have a decent computer?

Actually, I tried the latest version tonight, I captured a video at 29.97 FPS using the Half Screen Size option, and the sound is synced through the whole 5 minutes. The version I was using before was quite old.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 01:43:59 am »

Actually, I tried the latest version tonight, I captured a video at 29.97 FPS using the Half Screen Size option, and the sound is synced through the whole 5 minutes. The version I was using before was quite old.

Yup, always be sure to update your Fraps version.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 02:01:22 am »

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 01:38:38 am »

Would there happen to be a way to throw the Wilhelm Scream on the Cradle if you fall off? I personally think that would be hilarious to hear as players slide down the cup and into the access hole in the middle.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 05:01:18 am »

I could do the sounds...you forget there is a female around haw haw
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up